Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are your woods creepy? >

Are your woods creepy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are your woods creepy?

Old 05-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Are your woods creepy?

Serious question. I know some places I hunt, and have hunted in the past have given me the genuine heebie-geebies. So let's hear it from everyone. What places have you hunted like this? Why did the woods/place give you the creeps?

BTW, "No wrong answer". LOL

LT
Old 05-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are your woods creepy?

I hunted a place the first year I moved to IL that gave me the willies a little. It was loaded with locust trees ( you know, the ones with the massive spines on them) and in teh dark, through the beam of a headlamp, the trees just looked really sinister. In the U.P. we don't have trees like that, so they were new to me.

In ontario last fall, leaving the woods on a couple different occassions the wolves were cranked up, and that'll make the old a-hole pucker!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah I hunt a couple rugged/steephigh mountain drainages full of black bear, the occasional wolf pack moving in and out and plenty of mountain lions running that country.. Its very remote and can be very creepy at times, probably because I usually hunt it alone.. Huge timber, 6-8 footcedars at the stumpstandingup to acouple hundred feet high...makes ya feel really small,its a long ways from any civilization, 50+ miles... I only get creeped out walking out of that country in the dark though, that kind of country can make a person feel vulnerable.. daylight its not so bad ...
Old 05-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I went to New Brunswick bear hunting. Those woods are really dark and nothing around for miles and miles!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to bad but we own some chickens and turkey and stuff like that and a mountain lion came and attacted one at 2 a.m. and so we went down there with the guns and all that stuff but the first time the light went out and that was a little scary then the next time we went down and my brother saw the cougar just run into some brush and this aint no 100 yards away it was about 22 yards but we never ended up getting him but it was a little scary.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:31 PM

When we were entering the southeast side of Glacier National Park I got that feeling from those woods - lots of ferns and moss - looked like a good place to get pounced on by a bear. I haven't really found a place like that (yet) in Colorado.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Pa woods aren't creepy, but the first time I bowhunted up in Alberta I was coming out of the woodsjust at dark and the coyotes started howling all around me. I had never heard this before, and honestly felt concerned. I know better now.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hunt a place where when you r walking down the trail you see bones littered about and hear coyotes howling from only 200 yards away, not to mention its deep in the woods and you have to walk a quarter of a mile into the woods
Old 05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

i hunt a place where when you r walking down the trail you see bones littered about and hear coyotes howling from only 200 yards away, not to mention its deep in the woods and you have to walk a quarter of a mile into the woods
I hear that Steve. I had a mile to walk out,down some RR tracks in the dark while I was listening to them. I was truely in the middle of nowhere.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not creeped out in woods where there is nothing that has any interest in making me part of their digestive tract.
There are area's that I hunt in Idaho where when it is dark and I am using a GPS to walk out of vast area's and I am walking sideways and crawling through black timber (dense dark timber) that I definitely have some adrenaline flowing.Wolf Country,mountain lion country.There have been many times when the thought would come in to my mind that if a mountain lion wanted me right now I would be toast.

Quick Reply: Are your woods creepy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.