Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wife or hunting? >

Wife or hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wife or hunting?

Old 05-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wife or hunting?

what kinda hunters are you? hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

This thread kinda reminds me of "shooting a Dog" thread. Some turn into the "internet tough guy" poster, I'll kill any dog if he's chasing my deer: I'll send my wife packing if she gives me an ultimatum!!!!!! Good stuff, glad to see most here have their priorities in order!
Old 05-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends what week of the month she gives me my choice, the answer might change!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:06 PM

In the past before my second divorce this past year, I'd havechose the wife over hunting. But after experiencing the joys of going through the big "D" I'll never have to make that choice again. 2 disasterousadventures inmarriage is enough, I'll stick with the one constant thing in my life...bowhunting, and that love isn't going anywhere. Bows up...hoes down baby.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Spike

Maybe you all should ask your wives to join ya in the woods. Thats what my hubby did, and I haven't left yet....
Old 05-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Bartender

You have not met me in the woods yet darlin.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Quik's post got me to thinking.....

IF your wife/girlfriend laid down the ulimatum.....what would your choice be?

Her.......or hunting?

unequivocally.........I'd choose "her".
Luckily, I do not have to chose one. We had everything ironed ut in regards to my hunting prior to getting hitched.

Now that I hunt year round, I have pushed that agreement beyond the limit.[]

All is still good though. Every couple of months she just TELLS me that I WILL stay home next week..........and I do EXACTLY that.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:55 PM
bigcountry

Goodness, its a sad state of affair when bascially the whole page does not have thier priorities straight.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Goodness, its a sad state of affair when bascially the whole page does not have thier priorities straight.
Interesting...

Have you ever been given this ultimatum? I have.
I gaveup hunting for her and focused ALL my attention to her. I was miserable! Things didn't work out with my first wife.

You can't be something you're not, even if you try. And I did try.

As of today, I've been married to my second wife for 9 years. She wouldn't dream of giving me this ultimatum. She has asked me not to go hunting at a particular time or weekend, but that's about it. There has to be compromise, NOT ultimatum.

Say what you want but unless you've actually beenin this situation, you're only guessing.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:15 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: txmarshmonkey

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Interesting...

Have you ever been given this ultimatum? I have.
I gaveup hunting for her and focused ALL my attention to her. I was miserable! Things didn't work out with my first wife.

You can't be something you're not, even if you try. And I did try.

As of today, I've been married to my second wife for 9 years. She wouldn't dream of giving me this ultimatum. She has asked me not to go hunting at a particular time or weekend, but that's about it. There has to be compromise, NOT ultimatum.

Say what you want but unless you've actually beenin this situation, you're only guessing.
Sure, been there and done it probably more so than you ever imagined or could imagine being thru it. I was married to my first wife for 7 years.

But bottom line is if you got yourself in the situation where you hobby is more important than your spouse, then you got some serious problems. You should have thought of that crap before you got married and shouldn't have been married in the first place.

The bible tells us to honor our wife so that our prayers will not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7 Its time we start believin it or walking away from it. Who knows you may not believe the Word of God.

I bowhunt more than most. But I learned one thing from my first divorce. You better honor the wife, or you screwed up marrying her in the first place. The rest, bowhunting and all will fall right into place.

Get your priorities right or be prepared to be miserable til the day you go on your second divorce or death.

Quick Reply: Wife or hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.