Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad Lists

Old 04-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad Lists

More or less, Here is a list I found by googling hunting accidents...
Here's an entire website devoted to stopping hunting and has a record of every hunting accident that has happened fro about the last 10 years.
EVERY TIME YOU GO TO THE WOODS WITHOUT YOUR HEAD, YOU GIVE THESE *******S A LITTLE MORE AMMO.
Think about what your doing... and come home safe.
Your Pal
-Steve
http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/taah-sh-20080420.html
Old 04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bad Lists

I didn't check any stories out, but it seems very informative. One way to take it is everyone of them who died, died doing what they love, ain't so bad.

Sites like thes are one of the big reasons I say that huntere shouldn't hunt any predator. Them beast will find there way to citys and towns causing trouble. Old non hunting Joe will put these people in their places then. If hunters didn't hunt anything for one year multi millions of dollars would be absent from budgets and animals would run a muck. I could do it.

Sites like this would get the sneers we now are privliged too.[8D]
Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 PM

We all have to think about safety more often when we enter the woods. I found I couldchange a few things to become safer, mainly not allowing myself to bein sucha hurry. I think we all owe it to our familes, friend, and all hunters because each accident gives anti-hunting groups more to use against us. The list of accidents on that siteis way to long, even though there are approximately 14 million hunters inAmerican. It's interesting when you compare that to other figures inAmerican, like how America performsapproximately 3,700 abortionseach day, 1.37Million per year. An average of 36 people in America die in fatalities as a result of crashes involving ancohol. I think there are more important things to try to stop, but no one needs to give any more fuel to the fire, there is enough hate in the world today. The anti hunting groups will always be here, if they ever end hunting as a sport, I'm pretty sure I'll still find myself 25 feet up in a tree each and every fall!!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I recently read that more people die from accidents involving animals hitting their vehicle then all hunting and fishing accidents combined, just a thought
Old 04-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm more pointing out the fact that if safe procedures are taken. These guys don't have lists like this to make. Its horrible to see when kids and newbies die trying to enjoy the sport, just because someone lacked the common sense to keep it safe and ensure themselves of their target.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kingvjack

I'm more pointing out the fact that if safe procedures are taken. These guys don't have lists like this to make. Its horrible to see when kids and newbies die trying to enjoy the sport, just because someone lacked the common sense to keep it safe and ensure themselves of their target.
Being safe is it's own reward, I wouldn't link it to what these people have to say, they will find something.

I don't think that site really cares about hunters, but the work they've done should help hunters wake up and be safer. That's a good thing!