Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Bad Lists

Old 04-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad Lists

More or less, Here is a list I found by googling hunting accidents...
Here's an entire website devoted to stopping hunting and has a record of every hunting accident that has happened fro about the last 10 years.
EVERY TIME YOU GO TO THE WOODS WITHOUT YOUR HEAD, YOU GIVE THESE ****S A LITTLE MORE AMMO.
Think about what your doing... and come home safe.
Your Pal
-Steve
http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/taah-sh-20080420.html
Old 04-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bad Lists

Some of this crap is haneous... seems like everytime someone who is a hunter is involved, even if they weren't hunting... they classify that as a "hunting accident".

Example:

April 2, 2007 - The Associated Press
ORANGEBURG, S.C. -- Troopers say a Barnwell man has been struck and killed by a vehicle as he tried to pick up his deer stand which had flown out of his truck and on to Interstate 95.
The Highway Patrol says 63-year-old Blake Bishop Junior lost the deer stand around noon Friday when he swerved to miss a bicycle tire on the bridge over Lake Marion.
Troopers say the deer stand was struck by another vehicle as Bishop tried to retrieve it from the highway.
Authorities say Bishop was then struck by a sports utility vehicle that was swerving to avoid the wrecks.

Anyone who has ever crossed Lake Marion on 95 knows that for about a mile and a half, there ain't no where to go but in the lake... hell of a spot to lose a deer stand. Sounds like common stupidity to me... and the fact that it was in April... how can you claim that to be a hunting accident?

I like the one about the lady who was shot in the chest at point blank range, when the dog stepped on the trigger of a 10 gauge, and lit it off. They went on to make note of the fact that she wasn't wearing blaze orange... as if it would have saved her life. Golden rule when you are duck hunting with a dog, especially in a field or layout blind.... NEVER lay your gun down. EVER!

I hadn't heard of this bunch of bozos before.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are still logging the incedences that involve hunting.... Its sad, these guys need to find new hobbies.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is very interesting. They list 150 hunting accidents for 2007. Many of thesewere not fatal. Some not evenlinked to hunting. There are (on average) 150 FATALcar accidents in the US caused by deer every year. That isnot to mention the thousands ofinjuries from non-fatal accidents. Clearly hunting should be banned.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

That is very interesting. They list 150 hunting accidents for 2007. Many of thesewere not fatal. Some not evenlinked to hunting. There are (on average) 150 FATALcar accidents in the US caused by deer every year. That isnot to mention the thousands ofinjuries from non-fatal accidents. Clearly hunting should be banned.
Clearly.... Doesn't matter to those not associated with the sport....
No hunting or guns == no shooting deaths.
I am originally from the Finger lakes region... where are you from?
Old 05-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Spike

Clearly, these are the same individuals who claim Humans shouldn't eat red meat. Although, red meat is the only source of 9 of the 12 essentials minerals the Human body needs to sustain life (something GOD set up not the Human race); but I know, I'm preaching to the choir here. I could go on about these "statistics" (which can be made to show any favortism)the anti everything natural individuals but right now I'm about to grill some natural red meat for dinner.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm making venison empanadas in a bit..... They even better cold tommorow