Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 DTX, General, and switch back??? >

DTX, General, and switch back???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DTX, General, and switch back???

Old 04-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default DTX, General, and switch back???

I went and test drove some new bows today. Having been outa date for a while andits time to upgrade...I knowlots of guys who shoot Mathews so thats what I ve had my eye on. I shot the new DXT (sweet) the Switch back (just as sweet) and the shop owner asked me to try the BowTech General.....wow! If it makes since to anybody, it was the softest shooting hard hitting bow I shot!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DTX, General, and switch back???

I am a proud owner of a General and let me tell ya ....you will not get any queiter or less hand shock than this bow. However it is not a speed bow. If you go with a light arrow set up you can get some speed out of it! Im lucky to have a 29" draw so I can get some speed. Im shooting 309fps with my General. Sweet bow thats all I will say. Its a little heavier than some other bows but hell mine hangs from the tree anyways!
Old 04-30-2008, 05:53 PM

The General is the way to go, dead in your hand and quiet.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a drenalin.......id bypass the DXT and get a Drenalin not a DXT. not sure the switchback is just as sweet.....but ya id choose either a Drenalin or switchback,

My last bow wasn't their best....this time I bought the best, why buy older technology both cost a fair amount, so get the Drenalin.

IMO no reason to have a shorter Drenalin....less forgiving, ie the DXT, sure its popular/marketing, but I have and would still get a Drenalin.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

General, hands down.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

????? whats wrong with the DXT?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: backnaction34

I don't see a legitimate advantage to having that short of a bow. Not one, that you can't get with a 33" bow. 33" to me is short, and 29" is just plain awkward. THe PSE SS is the same way.

Don't say maneuverability because if you are in that close of quarters, you probably aren't making a good shot to begin with.

A bow that short is VERY critical.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

I've got a drenalin.......id bypass the DXT and get a Drenalin not a DXT. not sure the switchback is just as sweet.....but ya id choose either a Drenalin or switchback,

My last bow wasn't their best....this time I bought the best, why buy older technology both cost a fair amount, so get the Drenalin.

IMO no reason to have a shorter Drenalin....less forgiving, ie the DXT, sure its popular/marketing, but I have and would still get a Drenalin.

Just curious... have you even shot a General? It will blow those bows out of the water.... JMO
Old 04-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

[quote]ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: backnaction34

I don't see a legitimate advantage to having that short of a bow. Not one, that you can't get with a 33" bow. 33" to me is short, and 29" is just plain awkward. THe PSE SS is the same way.

Don't say maneuverability because if you are in that close of quarters, you probably aren't making a good shot to begin with.

A bow that short is VERY critical.
[/quote
Thanks for the input..... just wondering if they mite self destruct or somthing
Old 04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I shot them all a while back, they all shot nice I thought. But I thought the general was heavy so we put it on the scale and the scale confirmed it. It was 2 lbs heavier setup than the DXT setup, not a big deal if your sitting in a tree. But if you plan on lugging it around that weight makes a big difference at the end of the day to me.
Each to his own, good luck with your new bow!

Quick Reply: DTX, General, and switch back???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.