Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 DTX, General, and switch back??? >

DTX, General, and switch back???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DTX, General, and switch back???

Old 04-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DTX, General, and switch back???

One word for when i picked up the general----heavy
One word for when i shot the general----WOW!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Buckmaster, I thought the same thing...WOW. I am sceptical of the extra moving parts....
That is one sweet fealing bow!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:50 PM

just got a switchback in the process of dressing it out let you know but I believe I got a winner
Old 04-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

I've got a drenalin.......id bypass the DXT and get a Drenalin not a DXT. not sure the switchback is just as sweet.....but ya id choose either a Drenalin or switchback,

My last bow wasn't their best....this time I bought the best, why buy older technology both cost a fair amount, so get the Drenalin.

IMO no reason to have a shorter Drenalin....less forgiving, ie the DXT, sure its popular/marketing, but I have and would still get a Drenalin.
If you like the Drenalin, go shoot the LD. Talk about a smooth, quiet, forgiving, tack driver!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive got about 1800 shots through my general and i love it. it is one hell of a bow. here is how to describe it. Slow and heavy=the bad. dead in the hand, and insanely quiet= the good. on the goods, it is best in its class imo. its not fast or light but you wont shoot a bow that is quieter (naked) or more vibration and shock free. it is also short.
btw, the drenalin was my next choice. it is a sweet shooter as well.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:47 PM

Bought the general right when I could, love the smooth mods, but I have the speed mod, still just an awesome bow, have a 29" Draw and am shooting @ 305 fps. If you want speed the 101st, is awesome I like it more then the 82nd, just because of the brace height makes it way smoother i.m.o
Old 04-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

I'll put my Switchbacl XT up against any of them. Very quiet, no hand shock or vibration super accurate and not at all bad to tromp up one mountain and down the other. Of the three animals I have taken with it, not one jumped the string or had any idea what happened.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 PM

I just got my General...WOW! I was in love the when I first let one fly. I shot a couple of other bows (katera, 101st, drenalin, truth2) I just
kept goin back to General. Great product!I can't wait for the season to start!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

I've got a drenalin.......id bypass the DXT and get a Drenalin not a DXT. not sure the switchback is just as sweet.....but ya id choose either a Drenalin or switchback,

My last bow wasn't their best....this time I bought the best, why buy older technology both cost a fair amount, so get the Drenalin.

IMO no reason to have a shorter Drenalin....less forgiving, ie the DXT, sure its popular/marketing, but I have and would still get a Drenalin.

Just curious... have you even shot a General? It will blow those bows out of the water.... JMO
I don t think so I shot the whole bowtech line and found it very compareable to mathews line and hoyt line.I just found the mathews line alot better built and I like the cable gardbetter but bowtech should have copied the mathews gaurd a little closer.Just my opion
Old 05-01-2008, 11:16 AM

Do not get me wrong, I very much like my Black Ice but why are the Bowtechs getting actual speeds closer to their IBO rating and the Diamonds are not?

Does Matthews get actual speeds closer to their IBO rating out of their solocam bows?

A couple of red flags there!

Quick Reply: DTX, General, and switch back???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.