Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Restricting access to property that he doesn't own. >

Restricting access to property that he doesn't own.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Restricting access to property that he doesn't own.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Restricting access to property that he doesn't own.

I went to pull a couple of tree stands yesterday I had on a ridge a few miles from my home.There is an access road to this property that was gated by a new weekend homeowner.The guy actually put a chain across a road that restricted access to acreage he doesn't own.It made my walk about 1/4 mile longer.The guy has some set of stones,the property I hunt there is a pretty decent size piece of bare land.I have had permission to hunt it for several years.The guy saw me leaving the property once last season and glared at me as if I was a serial killer.I go in and out of any property in a a manner that is completely respectful of the landowner and any neighbors,I don't know what is up with this guy but I intend to find out!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Restricting access to property that he doesn't own.

Sounds like somebody needs an old-fashionedAttitude Adjustment

Old 04-28-2008, 12:40 PM

HAHA! wow quik... wow!

Good luck with him tsoc
Old 04-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hope you get that resolved, sometimes people like that can be real pieces of work.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, just talk to him, tsoc ..... let us know what he says ....
Old 04-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

TSOC, I am just gonna play devil's advocate here. It is hard to tell from the post. Is the road on his land and just happens to access the property you hunt? I know of a couple of cases near my father's house where an access road was on the property and used by a number of people, but no one had actual legal rights to the road or written permission to use the road. It was just "assumed" that it was alright to use the road. Then, when the property changed hands, things changed. Is it possible this is the case?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spoke with the owner of the property that I have permission from this afternoon and he told me that he has a key and I am welcome to have the key in the fall when I am using the property.The new property owner wanted a chain up once they paved a section of the road.It goes from paved to you better have a four wheel drive or you are not going any further.
So it is not as bad as I had originally thoughtbut this area is so remote you wouldn't know that it was there unless someone introduced you to it.I have never seen evidence of miss use,such as garbage or evidence of parties or camping use.
The vast majority of my hunting there is archery.Maybe he had some difficulty with rifle hunters.The lay of the land is such that it is very ledgey,as is quite a bit of our area.You can be dropping down ledges and find yourself much closer to a residence than you ever imagined you were.
If I have the opportunity I will introduce myself to this person if I see them while coming in or out.Maybe his only experience with hunters is negative.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

I think your on the right track,introduce ouself to him and strike up a converstion he may turn out to be a great guy.he might even be able to help you keep tabs on the area in case someone else is using the property.