Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I mean really..... >

I mean really.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I mean really.....

Old 04-29-2008, 12:51 PM

Default RE: I mean really.....

I WANT THE NECK ROAST I GOT A BIG LONG PAN.There are some whales that are over populated I would have no problem sticking a harpoon in them like my grandfather did but bleeding harts like vanbowmen won t let me that colledge boy thing is starting to show but I like you go back to poop under your stands threads you seem to have more experince with them
Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have you ever heard of punctuation?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:05 PM

Yea but I can barely find the letter keys
Old 04-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: blackfish

I WANT THE NECK ROAST I GOT A BIG LONG PAN.There are some whales that are over populated I would have no problem sticking a harpoon in them like my grandfather did but bleeding harts like vanbowmen won t let me that colledge boy thing is starting to show but I like you go back to poop under your stands threads you seem to have more experince with them
Well at least you spelled poop right.

I was thinking of making a new job resume and was wonderingif you could help me with it?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:35 PM

damn, blackfish you caught me, that's it, my college boy attitude just can't be helped.....forget the fact that I come froma farming family and I had to watch the farm go to waste for a shopping center and a golf course and a highway. Yes sir, Im a true blue blood for sure. Man, silver spoon is around here somewhere.......oh, I forgot, I haveso many I don't need to look forthis one, they are everywhere! Since you know me so well Fish. Yeh, I went to the best college money could buy. I went to Va State University. Yeh, it's a black college and it's very "high dollar"....okI was so rich and smart that I decided to take back from the less fortunate....give me abreak dude, if you want to insult me, then insult me, don't play games and call me names.....
Old 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

My view from the peanut gallery:

Do you guys really care what PETA thinks? Honestly? Or do you think they actually care what we think? Newsflash:Our (and their)decisions are already made, irrespective of what Vabowmen, NEW61375, or myself dares to post on this hunting forum. Nobody in their right mind would come here to look for an intelligent, unbalanced debate on this issue. This site is about as "fair and unbalanced" as Fox News or the Humane Society's website.

And secondly, do you think anything that happens on this message board actually matters, in the grand scheme of things? Well, it doesn't.

As far as I'm concerned (and I've been around this sport long enough to know) - hunting seems to attract the lowest socioeconomic demographic of individuals - and they'llfaithfully do their part to drag the state of Hunting through the mud. Now, I'm not sure exactly why we get the dredges of humanity - but we do - and there's next to nothing we can do about it. As far as people who "make hunting look bad"are concerned, Vabowman is probably the last guy you should be pointing the finger at. If you want to complain about somebody who isn't doing us any favors, let's talk about the walking stereotypes:theingrate with the "People Eating Tasty Animals" sticker in thepickup truck window, or the idiot who invariably manages to shoot an elementary school with his deer rifle on opening day, or theReal Man of Geniuswho drives a 6 mpg jacked-up GMC with Bowtech stickers all over it - and makes fun of the"tree hugger" driving a hybrid.

I mean, if you think the Big BadHunting Ban Monster"BBHBM"is coming to disarm you because of Vabowman's position on Giraffe hunting - boy, you've fell out of the stupid tree, andsmacked every branch on the way down.

Somebody get out the smelling salts. Blackfish is down.

While you probably won't see me signing up to do any Giraffe hunts anytime soon - it should be noted that a giraffe is an expensive animal to shoot. This is an animal that would invariably have been poached for bush meat at some point - so hunting is generating $$$ in depressed areas that would otherwise be in a state of anarchy, replete with poaching. Now, local guides have a monetary incentive to police poaching activity to protect these valuable resources. So in that regard, anytime you have people paying to shoot animals, you are indirectly protecting that herd.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

My view from the peanut gallery:

Do you guys really care what PETA thinks? Honestly? Or do you think they actually care what we think? Newsflash:Our (and their)decisions are already made, irrespective of what Vabowmen, NEW61375, or myself dares to post on this hunting forum. Nobody in their right mind would come here to look for an intelligent, unbalanced debate on this issue. This site is about as "fair and unbalanced" as Fox News or the Humane Society's website.

And secondly, do you think anything that happens on this message board actually matters, in the grand scheme of things? Well, it doesn't.

As far as I'm concerned (and I've been around this sport long enough to know) - hunting seems to attract the lowest socioeconomic demographic of individuals - and they'llfaithfully do their part to drag the state of Hunting through the mud. Now, I'm not sure exactly why we get the dredges of humanity - but we do - and there's next to nothing we can do about it. As far as people who "make hunting look bad"are concerned, Vabowman is probably the last guy you should be pointing the finger at. If you want to complain about somebody who isn't doing us any favors, let's talk about the walking stereotypes:theingrate with the "People Eating Tasty Animals" sticker in thepickup truck window, or the idiot who invariably manages to shoot an elementary school with his deer rifle on opening day, or theReal Man of Geniuswho drives a 6 mpg jacked-up GMC with Bowtech stickers all over it - and makes fun of the"tree hugger" driving a hybrid.

I mean, if you think the Big BadHunting Ban Monster"BBHBM"is coming to disarm you because of Vabowman's position on Giraffe hunting - boy, you've fell out of the stupid tree, andsmacked every branch on the way down.

Somebody get out the smelling salts. Blackfish is down.

While you probably won't see me signing up to do any Giraffe hunts anytime soon - it should be noted that a giraffe is an expensive animal to shoot. This is an animal that would invariably have been poached for bush meat at some point - so hunting is generating $$$ in depressed areas that would otherwise be in a state of anarchy, replete with poaching. Now, local guides have a monetary incentive to police poaching activity to protect these valuable resources. So in that regard, anytime you have people paying to shoot animals, you are indirectly protecting that herd.
They don't call him the king for nothing.....well said my friend.....well said!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I can understand if it were villagers kiling it, but this guy paid big bucks to shoot it, just don't see it being done out of the compassion in his heart for the local tribe....
even if its not out of compassion, if they still get to eat it, (which I hear is the practice) who cares why this person wants to pay to shoot the non-endangered, legal game animal. The local economy gets stimulated and so does he. Hopefully this is the way it goes.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:45 PM

yep, what quick said...I have tried to understand why people get so mad about things on this forum and I can't see why. Take it all with a grain of salt, it really is just a place for us to express our opinions. I stated my opinion and I will continue to do it and I will also continue to take heat for it. That's fine with me, I have thick skin, like the giraffe does, I have asense of humor and I rarely get mad or upset or offended. Those of you who have had any serious conversations with me know this about me. But there is one thing that I am not, and that is an elitist nor do I carry the "college boy attitude". Im a freakin school teacher Pete sake! I make less than 40 G's a yr .I went to a public college and I went when I was 24-28 yrs old, not exactly a kid. I went to a black college, talk about humility, I know it well, I was taught and heard things that would make the hair on your neck stand up, I never let it shake from my beliefs and I got a great education from a different point of view and made lots of friends. Far from UVA or W&M!! Im about as college boy as a country boy can getI guess, you should see me at school with all the intelects I teach with....it's a real hoot when Im in the room!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I guess brknarrow, but it's a freakin GIRAFFE!! I just can understand it. A giraffe??
In your opinion......what is the reason for killing a whitetail deer? Or any other animal?

African safaris are a HUGE financial boon to the local economy.

Since you cannot by law bring any meat stateside, the entire animal is utilized by the locals.......yet another positive note.

Giraffes, like any other huntable game animal, need to be killed in certain numbers to preserve the balance of the animal, and other species as well.

Do I want to shoot a giraffe? Nope. But I will be in South Africa in late June of this year shooting a bunch of other critters, and one of my good friends is going to shoot a giraffe with his bow.

Groups like PETA, HSUS, and others attempt to take our hunting rights away, and I would justifiably argue that anybody who makes a stand against the legal, ethical, and biologically sound taking of an animal...........is helping to destroy our hunting heritage as well.[]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.