Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Made the switch. Not sure how I feel. >

Made the switch. Not sure how I feel.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Made the switch. Not sure how I feel.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Made the switch. Not sure how I feel.

Well I crossed over and made the switch to carbons. They arent the greatest carbons but I think they will do fine. They are Easton ST Carbon Excel 400's. I picked them up on a great deal. Over the weekend I decided Id shoot one and see how it felt. Well needless to say I realized that i need to get a different WB as these arrows are fairly narrow, so I through on my old prong rest that came with the bow. Got it set pretty good. Took a shot. SMOKING!!! And the bow seems a bit quiter but still not as quiet as it used to be. Does anyone have any experience with the ST Carbon Excels? What are your thoughts. My plans are to either get the Fred Bear Lights Out or keep my Nova one more year since it hasnt failed me yet, and have a new string put on with a tubeless peep site and see if it quiets the bow even more. Im just not sure how I feel about the carbons yet, never been big on changing something that has worked so well over the years. I guess im looking for encouragment.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Made the switch. Not sure how I feel.

I still shoot both, but mostly carbons. Carbonsmake really Great arrows, but as in Aluminum arrows or anything you get what you pay for. Your arrows should serve you well though!

Dan
Old 04-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Made the switch. Not sure how I feel.

I am shooting carbon Exels for hunting this year and used to shoot then full time. But I decided to get some only for hunting this year Yes they aren't the best shafts but they are good enough for me and plus they fit my budget. I wonb The Manitoba provincial 3d tournament with the Exels about 3 years ago. Can't complain about that!