Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Made the switch!!! >

Made the switch!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Made the switch!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Made the switch!!!

Well, guys, I took a trip to the shop today and made one of the grreatest decisions of my life. I brokedown and bought a fallaway to replace my whiske biscuit. I couldn't believe the difference!!! I bought a QAD Ultra Rest and was more than happy to throw the old WB in the garage to fix to my backup. I love the new rest. The guy at the shop said that he loves taking people's WBs of to affix fallaways because the majority of the people who come to shoot have WBs. This is because that is what comes standard on the shop's packages. Anyway, I just wanted to share to all of you that I have definitely come to the fall away side.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Made the switch!!!

Right on!

I have the trophy ridge dropzone and i love it!
Old 06-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

The WB is/can be a very effective hunting rest but for me, I prefer a fallaway as well. I just can't see to many negatives with a quality fallaway, especially a containment style like the QAD. I've been very interested in trying the new QAD Pro HD rest myself? Congrats and good luckwiththe new toy
Old 06-23-2007, 08:36 AM

What are the advantages? speed, feel, all the above. I have been shooting a WB for three years and have found no reason to change but I am curious.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just switched from a WB to a QAD Ultrapro myself. So far I like it, if it fails at all its back to the WB for me.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been using Vital Bow Gear fall-a-ways for years now and love them! Good luck!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

I too made the switch. The QAD rests are great.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Hey, Flyfish can you post a picture of it? or anyone that has it. Thanks
Old 06-23-2007, 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Tbyrnzy82

What are the advantages? speed, feel, all the above. I have been shooting a WB for three years and have found no reason to change but I am curious.
You know, I used to be a WB advocate but I had never tried a fallaway. Once I shot the fallaway on my uncles bow I felt a lot more of a 'lift off' in the bow. When shooting them back to back I feel a slow in the WB. Also, it had been tearing up my vanes, although they are just Bass Pro Vanes. Like I said, though, I really saw a difference in the speed. I also felt that, after getting my rest tuned in, it was quite a bit more consistant.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Sportsfann

Hey, Flyfish can you post a picture of it? or anyone that has it. Thanks
Here is a picture of the rest. I got the regular hunter version, but they have the HD and LD versions like some have saidm which are the ones on the bottom.

Quick Reply: Made the switch!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.