Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I still say turkeys are tougher than deer >

I still say turkeys are tougher than deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I still say turkeys are tougher than deer

Old 04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I still say turkeys are tougher than deer

I don't hunt turkeys really.. so I am not even going to comment in this thread.

Except for the last statement about not hunting turkeys that is.

Oh.. and the statement previous explaining how I'm not going to comment in this thread.

Kay....
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

im sorry but i think mature bucks are way harder than killing a turkey...i have had one see me out in the open, it ran behind a tree and i called it back in laying down in an open field
Old 04-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-22-2008, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Try hunting turkey with a bow, with NO blind !! Man thats almost impossible !
Hunsucker calls BS.

Of course, he is sort of a turkey hunting god, so I hear. Rumors are buzzing around HNI about it anyway.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Still can't get over that time I had to stop and drain off a couple of cups of coffee. Stepped behind a big tree and commenced to watering a bush when a turkey came blasting out of that very bush. Now, I don't know about you, but I've never pee'd on a deer.

I have to say the only thing that makes turkey a smidge tougher to hunt is they are so gloriously DUMB. So dumb that it makes them unpredictable. It gives me a real chuckle whenever I hear someone say a turkey outsmarted them. (Usually it's a terrific confirmation of my assessment of that person's mental skills anyway. )
Old 04-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Try hunting turkey with a bow, with NO blind !! Man thats almost impossible !
Hunsucker calls BS.

Of course, he is sort of a turkey hunting god, so I hear. Rumors are buzzing around HNI about it anyway.
Blaspheme! Do not question the Hunsucker lest he smite you with lighting bolts cast from his Bowtech drawn by his guns.

Apples to apples, I say turkeys with a bow are tougher than deer with a bow. Turkeys with a shotgun are harder than deer with a shotgun. I give the deer the edge in intelligence (not much to compete against), but a turkeys senses are so acute its amazing.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am having a blast this being my first turkey season. Had my first one gobble this morning to me!( and I am a horrible caller, so I do not know how on this earth that he gobbled to me). Only problem was, he was on the other side of the lake, 200 yards away

Old 04-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I am having a blast this being my first turkey season. Had my first one gobble this morning to me!( and I am a horrible caller, so I do not know how on this earth that he gobbled to me). Only problem was, he was on the other side of the lake, 200 yards away
Go get him Shadow!! Sounds like your having fun, good luck my friend!!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks Schultzy---was really cool to see a 6am sunrise sitting on a ridge overlooking a lake.....can't beat that, sure not at work anyway!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Keep at it, and don't worry too much about your calling. Last week I heard some calling that sounded like a hunter that had no idea what he was doing cranking on a box call. It turned out to be a hen that was about 60 yards away with a longbeard strutting with her. Turkeys are some of the worst callers out there.

Quick Reply: I still say turkeys are tougher than deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.