Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future? >

What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future?

Old 04-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future?

well any buck is a possibility where i hunt, but i will be after around 110" and above
Old 04-16-2008, 07:00 PM

Default RE: What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future?

A 195+ deer was taken two years ago, on the farm next to the one I hunt. Actually less than 800 yards from my stand. I cant tell this for sure, but im fairly confident I saw this deer from stand while rifle hunting the fall he was killed, but didnt get a shot at him. The brush was too thick for a 150 yard shot.

I have also been within 30 yards of a legit 165ish massive 10 point. It was my first year hunting (muzzleloader), and my dad told me when it left that Id never see a buck of that caliber again. Biggest he has seen on hoof in his entire life. I blew the chance at a shot though, dang does busted me movin into position for a shot.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

In PA I think there is a distinct possibility of a 150-160" deer crossing my path some day. Now that I'm starting to branch out into other states that are known to have big bucks who knows what lies in store for me. I think a 180" could someday happen.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would say that 130", to 140" is possible. But I know that if I got a 130" deer around my home spot, I would jump for joy.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

I would like to take my 1st P&Y. In the last 2 seasons I have been in bow range just could not close the deal. I figure it’s should be any time now. I would like a Booner one day too, but I would be truly happy with just the P&Y.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:32 PM

A 140"-160" deer would thrill me, for my area....actually that would be outstanding........but I dont think its unrealistic
Old 04-16-2008, 07:47 PM

130-140 would be the standard, but I've seen the same 150ish 10 pointer and 170ish 12 pointer in the same area, and on the same weekend each year, for 2 straight years. The bummeris,it's always the weekend of the Ohio State/Michigan game [:@]
Old 04-16-2008, 07:49 PM

I would have to go with Rybo and say a 150, possible a 160" buck. I know there are bigger, but they are very few and far between. I do feel that a 150" buck isn't too far stretched and I hope to achieve it some day!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:10 PM

I have killed bucks in my area in the 150s. Missed one in the 170s. My wife missed one right in front of me back in 2005. I told her, at the time, it was the biggest buck I have ever seen while hunting. I figured he would have easily gone 190.....well another guy ended up shooting him and the thing grossed 204".

Realistically, I believe I have a shot at a 200"+ buck in Ontario in my lifetime....as well as in SK. I also believe I will see a handfull of bucks 170"+ in Ontario within the next 5-6 years.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:11 PM

My game cam sez 180+ with one droptine as of jan '07, but my heart tells me he is smarter than I'll ever be! I can only hope he'll get lazy one day. Then I'll bust the fuzz off him

Quick Reply: What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.