Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ScentBlocker Plus >

ScentBlocker Plus

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ScentBlocker Plus

Old 02-21-2003, 05:49 AM

Default RE: ScentBlocker Plus

I had the scentblocker plus ultralite suit, I had bought it marked down at Cabela' s, it was way too hot and heavy for me. I usually dress in layers and this suit alone was too hot in the early season. I' m not one to get cold easily so I wanted something lighter. Even with the liners, you still need to wear camo over that, that' s two layers in what could be a very warm early season.

I returned it in the fall right before the season and Scent-lok came out with their new climaflex savanna series. I bought the bdu pants and shirt of that stuff and love it. They claim, emphasize claim, that while it' s lighter you actually gain better performance with the new cloth. The stuff is so light weight you barely even know the difference from regular camo. You can see light through this stuff. I wear scentblocker gloves, headcover , rubber boots and this suit on the way into my stand, practice all the soaps and stuff and shot 2 deer this year 15-20 yards downwind that had come in on my backtrail. I had 5 others do the same.

I don' t think any of this stuff is foolproof. A combination of all measures will work together to minimize you scent downwind and offer you the best opportunity. They claim, that washing twice a year and it will last 10 years. I like it because it breathes and just a tshirt during the warm season is comfortable and I can always add layers durinig the cold. One note, try to run large on the size so you can wear warm weather gear under with out restricting your movement.

I' m not pushing them by any means but I just checked Cabelas and they have this stuff marked down about 10 bucks a piece, just thought I' d let you know
Old 02-21-2003, 07:55 AM

I' ve read that roughly 33% of scent comes from your feet, 33% from the body, and 33% from the head. Makes sense to me. Why would so many hardcore bowhunters wear rubber boots 100% of the time in the field. I try to suppress scent in as many places as I can, using techniques which fit my wallet. Personally, I' m investing in activated charcoal outerwear, rather than in linings.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I am going for the Linings. I have so much good camo already it would be a shame to buy more! But on the other hand I do like the ASAT camo, that might be in the cards as well! I am very scent wary, R-boots, shampoo, soap, scent killer why not try the Scent Blocker+ linings seems it could only help me!