Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 North American Super Slam >

North American Super Slam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

North American Super Slam

Old 02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North American Super Slam

Prince of Wales Island and girlfriends with cookies...this is gonna be fun!

Monie, I have some good friends in Az for Coues...
There's actually a ton of public land in the SE corner of Az. Would be a great place to hunt for the small deer without a guide. I have tent trailer and can travel.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Will, we should do a Coues hunt either this coming January or next...right now the plan is to go for both Januarys, just depends on how much loot I drag in this summer.

I have been looking into areas, and like you said SE corner seems to be the ticket. If the plans don't change right now, I will be out there this January, maybe even December seeing as I already have my license for this calendar year from buying Elk bonus points.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trevor,

2009 is fully booked. I would entertain Jan of 2010 or Dec/Jan 2011. The three of us could hunt together. I could pick you guys up in Albequerque and travel down from there.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:13 PM

Ill PM you instead of draggin out this thread.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

We got cananda moose here in mn, as a matter of fact my old man shot the 4th largest in the state. It was every ten years then now it is once in a lifetime. I heard the super slam was closer to $500,000 too rather than $300,00.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

ORIGINAL: huntingson
I will definitely keep that in mind Monie. I'm always up for sharing a camp with someone I know will be good company!
Especially if she brings homemade cookies!!!
lol...I can manage that!! Maybe they'll help bring in the animals!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Bartender

I happen to be doing a search on whos on this list and found this post. The gent who scores our deer has completed this super slam. He was scoring my brothers buck this past Wednesday and informed me he had indeed completed this challange. He (Gary Martin) is the only Wisconsinite to accomplish this and only the 16th person also to do so. He did state that number might be a bit lower due to some paperwork issues among other things.
I have to tell you it is a pleasure being at his home and seeing his living room with all these animals. Its like a museam and I will upload some pics a bit later.
Im sure if any of you want to attempt this he would be more then glad to help
out with some sound advice for sure. You can find his contact info on the P&Y website under official scorers for Wisconsin.
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/h...009_Super_Slam

T
Old 01-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Bartender

I'm sorry I thought I had taken some pics of his living room but I did not. Here is a pic with my son cole and brother mike with Gary. Scored as a 141 net 8 point.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's pretty cool Tony. There is nothing like setting goals and going after them. My hat is off to Gary! What an accomplishment!
Old 01-17-2010, 04:25 AM
Bartender

Funny thing is Will that Gary was up to #17 I think he said but didnt even pay attention to the super slam. Then is son called and told him how far he was from it then well the rest is history.
Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
That's pretty cool Tony. There is nothing like setting goals and going after them. My hat is off to Gary! What an accomplishment!

Quick Reply: North American Super Slam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.