Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Someone took out my bright eyes! >

Someone took out my bright eyes!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Someone took out my bright eyes!

Old 04-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Someone took out my bright eyes!

Hoyttail~~ Im sorry someone did that to you! I myself find the tacks to be a great asset to have for hunting! I do have them but hardly ever put them out for fear of having someone find my spots!

As far as Passthru and Born 2 bow hunt~~ I DO get lost in the woods, as a matter of fact I can be within 50yds from my treestand and can get myself turned around and find myself searching and this in areas that I hunt quite often! Am I stupid... NO... just human! I dont get your guys point, do you feel this makes you more macho... smarter that you dont need an aid to your spots? Its like saying you dont turn the lights on in your house when it gets dark because you know your way around!

Also the GPS idea I agree it is a great thing to have, but I my self do not have one simply because of$$$$$.... I will stick with my 2 dollar tacks but if I had the extra cash yes GPS would be the way to go!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah that does suck, dang thieves [:@]
Old 04-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd never take anyones bright eyes... I just rearrange them to lead off into never never land so he can move some deer my way.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Spike

Well said WesternMdHardwoods, it's gonna be real nice when someone gets lost and possibly dies because they had a few key tacks that made sure they were on the right trail, and one of these guys that can see in the dark decides "he" doesn't need that!!
Old 04-06-2008, 12:49 AM

Well I am glad there are so many expert woods men on this site if i had open hardwood and feildsi guess i would agree but i am sure if i showed one of them experts one of my stands in the narly scrub oaks i hunt where if you get off the trail a couple feet you get stuck they would never find it in the dark that is somthing i know to be true i don t care if your Geronamo i put my tacks low in the white of moss that grows on the trees space them out as far as posible and if i caught someone screwing with my stand sites such as taking out my tacks i would stick them in there forehead but everyone livesaround me knows that so they just leave me alone
Old 04-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Born 2 Bow Hunt

How about I leave one coke can every hundred yards.......not much is a 100 acre track of woods.....

That tack is no longer yours when you leave it in the woods...It you want it to be yours...leave you name and address so this "Punk" can mail it to you......

Honestly can't you find your way around in the woods??
Leaving a coke can every hundred yards is out of context and you are just trying to be difficult.

Leaving my address on the tack? Again, just being difficult and imo another display of stupidity.

In all my spots, I can find my way to them as long as I have a little battery powered or moonlight. I will however stumble around a little extra much though and the path I take to my stand wont be as direct as if I were to follow my 4-6 markers. I don't absolutely need the bright eyes but they do make it a little easier for me in the way of not fish tailing around and increasing the chances of spooking deer. If 4-6 tacks bother you enough to take 10-15 min out of your life to remove them then you've got issues. I'd hate to get into a traffic accident with you geeez.

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I'd never take anyones bright eyes... I just rearrange them to lead off into never never land so he can move some deer my way.
If you guys who keep saying this are serious about it then you seriously need lives. The thought of grown men in the woods, prancing around rearranging other men's tacks is quite laughable.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:29 AM

Blackfish:
One becomes skilled in woodsmanship by building on their skills and I don't believe proper placement of tacks high or low shows any promise of a desire to be a complete hunter.

If you try to stick a tack in someones head, I suggest you make your attempt at noon in a well light shopping mall, since you are not going to find anything with a flash light. Would you really become violent, if some one were to remove one of your tacks?

How on earth would you find your way out of the woods if you left before dark??

Hoytailhunter:

It is strange you call me “Stupid” when I am NOT the one who gets lost in the dark.

Sure grown men “Prancing” around in the woods moving tacks is laughable...I laugh every time I do it.

Don't you guys have any desire to learn to find your way around in the woods? It is really not that difficult...use natural markers if you must...sticks and stones...things that belong in nature.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

b2h

one of my home made verions of famous sayings is...

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. If you're offended because I offered some footwear, then it must in some way fit.

You totally missed my point(s) altogether. I'm not trying to be as excellent of a woodsman as you or anyone. I can find all my trees without tacks but just want to take the shortest quietest route tothat tree. I highly doubt you don't deviate from that route in the dark. "S_ _ _ _ _ people complicate simple things while smarter people simplify complicated things." Refusing to see a simple point is well you know... And I'm guilty of being a little dee dee dee myself because I just spent $154 at Red Lobster yesterday and that could've at least partically bought me a GPS.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

As far as Passthru and Born 2 bow hunt~~ I DO get lost in the woods, as a matter of fact I can be within 50yds from my treestand and can get myself turned around and find myself searching and this in areas that I hunt quite often! Am I stupid... NO... just human! I dont get your guys point, do you feel this makes you more macho... smarter that you dont need an aid to your spots? Its like saying you dont turn the lights on in your house when it gets dark because you know your way around!

Also the GPS idea I agree it is a great thing to have, but I my self do not have one simply because of$$$$$.... I will stick with my 2 dollar tacks but if I had the extra cash yes GPS would be the way to go!
No, I don't believe you are stupid...to error is human, but to improve ones skills is smart.
But how does anyone get lost in the Woods of Allegheny County? If every hunter put out tacks or ribbons on each of their stand locations the woods would look like a airport runway. You "tack Drivers" would have to come up with some universal color code or number system to keep everyone from ending up in the same spot???

Do you find you way around at home or do you have a tack or lettering on the doors to each room???

If other hunters can learn to find their way around the woods without leaving litter you can too.

Maybe someone should bring up the question at a hunter safety meeting.. "How many tacks and ribbons and at what distance should they be placed to assure one does not get lost in the woods??" Want to guess the response you would receive....
Old 04-06-2008, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Born 2 Bow Hunt

Blackfish:
One becomes skilled in woodsmanship by building on their skills and I don't believe proper placement of tacks high or low shows any promise of a desire to be a complete hunter.

If you try to stick a tack in someones head, I suggest you make your attempt at noon in a well light shopping mall, since you are not going to find anything with a flash light. Would you really become violent, if some one were to remove one of your tacks?

How on earth would you find your way out of the woods if you left before dark??

Hoytailhunter:

It is strange you call me “Stupid” when I am NOT the one who gets lost in the dark.

Sure grown men “Prancing” around in the woods moving tacks is laughable...I laugh every time I do it.

Don't you guys have any desire to learn to find your way around in the woods? It is really not that difficult...use natural markers if you must...sticks and stones...things that belong in nature.
I DON,T GET LOST IN THE DARK EVER EVEN BEFORE THEY MADE THEM I WOULD GO SLOW AND FIND MY WAY WOULD TAKE A LOT OF THOUGHT AND EFFORT AS FAR AS BEING A WOODSMEN ALOT OF PPL COME TO ME FOR ADVISE ON STAND PLACEMENT IN MY AREA AND I AM THE FIRST ONE THEY COME SEE WHEN SOMEONE WANTS TO TRACK A DEER YOU SAYING I AM NOT WOODSMEN EVERYONE THAT KNOWS ME WOULD FIND THAT SO LAUGHABLE BUT YOU DONT KNOW ME OR THE TERAIN I HUNT LIKE I SAID BEFORE I COULD SHOW YOU ONE OF MY STANDS IN THE DAYLIGHT AND YOU COULD NOT FIND IT IN THE DARK I DON T HAVE ANYONE BUILDING STANDS NEAR ME BECAUSE PPL CAN NOT NAVAGATE THE TERAIN IN THE DARK NOBODY WANTS TO WALK THAT FAR I AM 45 NOW AND HUNNTING THE SAME PLACES SINCE I WAS 13 I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANOTHER BOWHUNTER WELL I WAS HUNTING ONCE THAT IS THE GODS HONEST TRUTH LAST YEAR IT TOOK ME 3 1/2 HOURS TO DRAG MY 13 POINTER OUT OF FIRST MORNING LAST YEAR 185 DRESSED SO I GUESS I SUCK JUST LUCKY

Quick Reply: Someone took out my bright eyes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.