Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Someone took out my bright eyes! >

Someone took out my bright eyes!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Someone took out my bright eyes!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:09 PM

Default RE: Someone took out my bright eyes!

I think I am going to check into that. I hate the tape because it is to easy for othersto find your spot, I had never heard of the tacks before but i dont want to get in trouble if i decide to use them.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:06 AM
Typical Buck

why not use a gps i do when i go to michigan for my hunts best and cleanest way and no one can find where i hunt by following any markers
Old 04-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

They just lead me to someone eles's hot spot. [8D]
Old 04-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted some public land last year and when i came out at dark i started seeing all these tacks light up . there where all kinds of trails criss crosssing. none of witch lead back to the parking lot. it was confusing. I used gps and followed natural marks . there were several long rock walls going thru the woods. the tape i agree looks messy if there is to much of it
Old 04-05-2008, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

it is illeagal to leave anything on public ground. Went to a new place yesterday and met up with the local officer. During the conversation he mentioned that they were removing stands left on the property and nothing could be left.

As far as your rope, critters did it. Happen to me several times, the funniest was a turtle that took forever to show himself.

They don't bother me as I see them the same as Rick.[8D]
Old 04-05-2008, 05:23 AM
dws

They bother the heck out of me for some reason. I'm guilty of changing the trees they are on. I just wander how far a person would follow the new path before they realize it.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I hunt National Forest land and I am sick of all the markers left in the woods. I pull down all that ugly flagging tape all the time. That crap ruins the beauty of the woods and I consider it litter. I don't use it and I seem to find my way to my stand.
+1
Some trails I have seen look like a parade route. I have also seen some trails that have tape AND reflectors that only go maybe 100 yds in .
Old 04-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree leave them alone if there not yours!! But I also say take them down when season ends!!!! I don't use them just for the reasons stated above it seems the only stands my buddies have stolen are ones they use tacks to find so every thief out there can find them to!! Walt
Old 04-05-2008, 07:20 AM

GPS dude. They cann be had cheap now, and are very, very accurate. Mine is give or take within 3 yards accurate. I think I could manage from there.

Luckliy I know all the woods I hunt here locally. Anytime I go on an out of state hunting trip, I take it and map out all the spots and trails I want. Ill have em when i return next year.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:45 AM

"Someone took out my bright eyes!"

It was probably me. If you put them in my hunting area, the next trip back they will take you on a very interesting journey.

If one can't find their way around in the woods, get a gps, a seeing eye dog, tie a string to your car door or hunt within sight of the road or fire station.

I have hunted for 55 years and in many states, a lot of new territory, often go 1-2 miles back in the woods and I have never placed a thumb tack or ribbon in the woods to find my way around and never will. Sorry that shows like of woodsmanship, gives away your location, gives the appearance to concern thoughtful hunters they might be walking in on some one else when in fact the "Tack Driver" now is another location littering....

I would hate to see what the woods would look like if you were a coon hunter????

Whatever one carries in the woods they should carry out......

Quick Reply: Someone took out my bright eyes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.