Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Parting with the Whisker biscuit >

Parting with the Whisker biscuit

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Parting with the Whisker biscuit

Old 04-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Parting with the Whisker biscuit

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: statjunk

As soon as they came out with the full containment drop away it made the whisker buscuit obsolete. I couldn't believe how many folks were bustin on drop aways last year and claiming that the buscuit was the best.

Tom
I don't think it made the W/B obsolete, I still have yet to find a containment system on a drop away that works as good as the biscuit containment. Most (if not all) are too loose and the arrow flops around in the rest. Others you have to physically stick the arrow into a holder and have repeat this every time you draw and let down.

I tend to agree that a drop away rest is probably a more accurate platform than the biscuit but I also think both styles of rests are more accurate than 99% of the archers out there. We as archers (humans) tend to blame the equipment for our failures instead of the true reason.

Above all that I think the Biscuit's design is what I like most about it. It's simple, sturdy and basic. It requires no maintenance or additional materials (mole skin etc...) it's pretty much a "put on and forget" component.

I might even give a drop away rest another try, it's been about 3 years since I last put one on one of my bows, maybe new technology has improved them over the last fewyears.......my hunting bow?......Not a chance! The biscuit stays on that till something better comes along.
Try the Ripcord super glue yourself some felt around it and BAM you got yourself a great rest with containment!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: twildasin

Try the Ripcord super glue yourself some felt around it and BAM you got yourself a great rest with containment!

I don't know....looks like it will still move around in their....Plus remember my "Requires no additional materials" comment.

Ripcord Arrow Rests
Old 04-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a Ripcord this week and returned it two days later. Went back to my WB. It might have just been a bad Ripcord but it was enough to deter me from buying another drop away for a while. I gladly put my WB back on and realized how simple they are to set up compared to other rests. Also you get full containment with minimal noise. Yes maybe you'll gain a few feet per second, but for me the trade off wasn't worth it.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jbowersox

I bought a Ripcord this week and returned it two days later. Went back to my WB. It might have just been a bad Ripcord but it was enough to deter me from buying another drop away for a while. I gladly put my WB back on and realized how simple they are to set up compared to other rests. Also you get full containment with minimal noise. Yes maybe you'll gain a few feet per second, but for me the trade off wasn't worth it.
WOW Im suprised I have no noise at all on mine! Nor have I had a problem with it yet. I picked my bow up at the shop brand new and went to Robs to shoot and never made one adjustment!