Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit

Old 09-17-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Whisker Biscuit

What is the general opinion on them?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit

Upper right hand corner of this screen is the search button, here's a recap:

It's a great hunting rest. Some tournament(s) have been won by archers using it.

Blazer vanes work great, feathers will wear, soft vanes will wrinkle, Quickspins last about 3 shots.

You will lose 3- 5 fps depending on the size of the arrow vs the hole.

Once it's set up properly, it stays that way.

If it's set up wrong it'll be noisy and broadheads won't fly where your field points do.

You can trim it.

The black bristles go on the bottom.

Since the arrow stays in contact with the rest, it will show flaws in your form more than a drop away.

My experience: It's been a great rest, I havn't touched it since it was set up 3 years ago. I shoot carbon arrows w/Blazer vanes and fixed broadheads. I believe in Murphy's Law, so the simplicity of the rest has great appeal to me.

Again, do a search of these forums, this is a often discussed topic.

Good Luck,
Jim

Old 09-18-2007, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don't buy a WB until you have a chance to look at the Hostage. Less arrow contact, and no vane contact whatsoever.... In my opinion, the best containment arrow rest on the market.

[/align]

[/align]
Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think redneck covered it pretty well. I just want to emphasize that with ANY containment rest it is imperative to have a good follow through as the arrow is contained. The bow must be aimed till the arrow is gone. If the bow moves off line then that's where the arrow will go.

This is true for any rest, but generally more so for containment rests.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:28 AM

i have one and i like it, people say it is for kids or beginner, but that isnt true i know a few people who have been shooting for probaly 20 years if not alot more and use em. but i shoot blazers and fixed broadhead and i am happy with it.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been shooting/hunting with bow for 24yrs and to me the WB is the best..exspecialy if you like to ground hunt/stalk....The 1st leason I learned when they came out was to put a dab of fletch-tite on the front of each vain this will cure any probs.I was going to try the Hostage but why fix it if it aint broke........
Old 09-18-2007, 08:16 AM

Tanks for all, the input. I'll be looking at the hostage
Old 09-18-2007, 08:21 AM

the hostage looks like it might be a good rest, but i shouldnt buy something else when i have something that is already workin for me.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:34 AM
bigcountry

People will search and search and fall into marketing hype of speed. Worry to death about every FPS. Then then get a bow and put on a rest that will slow down your bow at least 5fps, and I have noticed more like 10fps. (don't care what the marketing hype from bisket says). And its not dynamic when it comes to fletching, and rain is a factor.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever. I guess for a new hunter, with a cheap bow, don't make any difference. But no thankyou, much better containment rests out there.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are worried about FPS then a dropaway is the way to go but if thats not your quest then why notthe WB,it is a very Good rest...I will wait on the reviews about the Hostage before I go there.....Ive allways have leaned more to the KE side then the speed side.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.