Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ted nugent..friend or foe? again.. >

Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Old 02-19-2003, 03:50 PM

Default RE: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

BOWFANATIC, the point is he does great things for hunting, he is not the best role model in my opinion but that is beside the point. The way Ted is, he can' t be both, I' m dang glad he chooses to fight for our rights rather than be some gentlemanly role model. You may not agree with his methods of communication, but who really cares. I' m no Ted fan club member, but I do appreciate his efforts. If you don' t like him fine, but don' t try to put him down b/c he is not everything to every hunter. The world is not all roses and candy.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

I have read God,guns and rock and roll, I have also read his first book " Blood Trails- the truth about bowhunting" I do not ever recall a page where he mentions a shot with a 9mm at 800 yards, I may be game enough to let someone try that shot on me personally. Thats BS. Cops train at distances of " feet" with a 9.
800yards? Come on.
So why we are at it, please provide any info that you can that would make his website offensive to any normal hunter. I have heard him speak, he is blunt, very!
1+1=2, Drugs and achohol= Death
Jimmy and Elvis did drugs and are dead. Ted went hunting and is still Ted.
Kamp for Kids.
In fact here is his bio.

Honored on the floor of the U.S. Senate, 1994.

named Father of the Year at children' s school

named MI Conservationist of the Year 1999

ALWAYS outspoken against drugs and alcohol throughout career.

Recipient of numerous commendations from state police, sheriff departments, FBI, DEA, U.S. Army and police agencies nationwide.

Editor/Publisher of Ted Nugent ADVENTURE OUTDOORS Magazine

President: Ted Nugent United Sportsmen of America, Founder: Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids, Ted Nugent Bowhunting School.

founder SUNRIZE SAFARIS, booking, guiding & outfitting adventures worldwide

Author, BloodTrails: The Truth about Bowhunting 1990, TED NUGENT-GOD, GUNS & ROCK-N-ROLL Regnery Publishing July 2000

Creator and producer of award-winning Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild PBS video series, raising in excess of $3,000,000 for PBS affiliates nationwide.

Outspoken pro-hunting media crusade, conducting 5 -10 prime media interviews every week, impacting millions every day.

Aggressive campaign on lecture circuit promoting individualism through
outdoor sports & conservation to the youth of America.

Created highly successful tele-conferencing program to school systems across the country.

Appointed to Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association, 1995-.

Spokesman for National Field Archers Association, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) law enforcement program

Official rock' n roll, hunting, conservation representative of the Rush
Limbaugh EIB Radio and Television Network.

Guest speaker at International Law Enforcement Convention by invitation from Director of FBI William Webster, Edwin Meese and President Ronald Reagan.

Appointed to Michigan Year of the Family Council by Governor John Engler.

Named Man of the Year by Michigan Recreation and Parks Association.

Keynote Speaker for Native American Fish & Wildlife Society National Conference, Anchorage, Alaska, 1995.

Named Archery Commissioner by Governor John Engler for the Great Lakes State Games.

Michigan' s Hunting and Fishing Heritage Task Force.

Appointee, Michigan State Parks Foundation.

Board of Directors, Lyme Alliance.

Michigan County Sheriff Deputy. 1978-present.

Nominee Handgun Hunters Hall of Fame.

Nominee of Outstanding American Handgunner Award.

Inducted into the Native American Strongheart Society by the Lakota Sioux, Northern Cheyenne and Arapahoe Tribes.

Keynote speaker for 1995 Governor' s Symposium on North American Hunting Heritage, Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Certified Hunter Safety Instructor & International Bowhunter Education
Foundation instructor

Honored in the Congressional Record by Congressman Jim Barcia, 1993

Huron School District Student Youth Counselor.

Designer of the Nugent Blade broadheads, Ted Nugent BloodBrother Bow, and signature line of hunting gear.

Professional Staff Advisor for Browning, GameTracker, Mossy Oak, LaCrosse.

Rock ' n Rolls approximately 6 months per year, hunts 6 months per year.

regular columnist and contributor to more than 32 publications

LIFE MEMBER OF;
The National Rifle Association (NRA), Michigan Bow Hunters, Citizen' s Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation, Gun Owners of America, Gun Owners of California, Director Law Enforcement Alliance of America, New York City Benevolent Policeman' s Association, National Wildlife Federation, Ducks Unlimited, Michigan United Conservation Clubs, Michigan Big Game Hunters Association, Handgun Hunters International, Michigan Sheriff' s Association, National Trappers Association, Wildlife Legislative Fund of America, Mississippi Bowhunters, Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) Spokesman, Outdoor Writers Association of America, Coalition of Michigan Hunters, National Field Archers Association (NFAA), Director Canadian Outdoor Heritage Alliance (COHA), Putting People First, South Dakota Archery Association, Maryland Bowhunters Society, Arizona Bowhunters Society, United Bowhunters of Connecticut, Massachusetts Bowhunting Association, United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania, Ohio Society of Traditional Archers (OSTA), South Carolina Bowhunters, and Vice President: American Shooting Sports Council, Director: Michigan Bowhunting Conference.

Ok, so tell me wich of these things does one other professional hunter is the media hold. I am sure that they hold some of these titles, but more importantly what is it in his bio that you dis-approve of???????????????????

I am not asking anyone to say they like someone they don' t but aleast why even question if he is friend or foe?
Please provide what pages of his books these accusations came from. I really could care less who like him and who does not. But far be it from me to slam or question ones slick tounge with all these credits to their bio. What have you or your idols done for the sport? beside sell movies and continue to go on hunts that most can not afford and be silent for the cause. We are a brotherhood. Not Ted fans but hunters as a whole.

Hell, I cant think of three better things than GOD, guns and rock and roll.

I see more people defend that no talent drug abusing ELVIS PRESLEY and act as if that idiot was some form of a role model, and he had a much larger following than Ted ever had.Hundreds of thousands show up at Graceland to celebrate Elvis than will ever show up long after Ted is gone.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

BOWFANATIC, the point is he does great things for hunting, he is not the best role model in my opinion but that is beside the point. The way Ted is, he can' t be both, I' m dang glad he chooses to fight for our rights rather than be some gentlemanly role model. You may not agree with his methods of communication, but who really cares. I' m no Ted fan club member, but I do appreciate his efforts. If you don' t like him fine, but don' t try to put him down b/c he is not everything to every hunter. The world is not all roses and candy.
" Putting him down" ?
A thread was started on everyones opinions of Ted Nugent and wether he is a good positive voice for hunting. I gave my opinion as did others , if you dont like my opinion , tough shi* ! I' m not gonna sugar coat it for ya

Once again :

I dont believe anyone is " bashing" Ted!
Alot of you are missing the point I tried to make. Yes he does alot for hunting. Dont try and use that against us that dont worship him. He has more resources to fight the antis and do " more good for hunting" than most of us will ever have. I believe he could do alot better in the communication department. Just because someone stands up and fights for something I believe in doesn' t automatically make them a good person (in my book)! I prefer my representatives to be good role models! JMO
Dont jump all over us that dont belong to your fan club!

Old 02-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

BOWFANATIC, I prefer my representatives to be good role models!
What Ben stated sounds like " good" to me. I see nothing wrong with be outspoken! So bowfanatic who is one of your hunting role models who speake out for us?[:-][:-]
Old 02-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just off the top of my head???? Charleton Heston!!

For the record! Nobody is saying Ted doesn' t speak out for hunting! I' m saying he could do better at getting his point across in a civilized manner. He could gain ten times more respect. Is anyone argueing that point?
Also , I have based my opinion of Ted based on things he has said in his own forum , not his book. I' m not going into detail any further here. You can either email me or spend a few months at his website to find out what I' ve based my personal opinion of Ted Nugent on.

I guess we' ll have to agree to disagree!
Old 02-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I' m just glad he' s on our side.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

" If Elvis Presley had been a bowhunter, he' d probably be alive today."

~~Ted Nugent
Old 02-19-2003, 11:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-20-2003, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read most of this post yesterday, and didn' t respond. But I read something lastnight, and I just had too. Personally I like Ted Nugent. For what he does with hunting, kids, and his music. The so called 800yd shot, who cares, even if it is true. Hey haven' t we all done things in our life we' d like to take back. I recall some of Ted' s very first hunting video' s. Man talk about messed up, the anti' s went crazy. Ted later apologized for the bad taste in his video' s, and stopped those first ones himself.
Now how about other great bowhunters like our own founding fathers of archery. Ol' Fred Bear once admitted in public that he lobbed a arrow into a world record stone sheep facing him head on at 65yds with his recurve. So do we nock him now!
Ben Pearson himself arrowed a javelina with longbow at what appeared to be 100yds.
In todays world we' d be practically crucifying those two for those shots with string, and arrow. But hardly would now knowing everything they have done for our sport. So maybe one day our children will look up to Ted Nugent in the same manner, as another great man for the sport!!!!!
Old 02-20-2003, 08:33 AM

I think Ben from Va. presented the best set of facts and lists of Teds accomplishments and groups he belongs to or supports.I think Ben said he read the book and didnt remember seeing the 800 yd. subject as it is being laid out here.If anybody could put the actual quote from the book in this post it might clear up some questions.I remember riding around in my friends pickup 24yrs.ago listening to Teds 8tracks on,& on&on( put something else in Kevin) and think about how I HATE the crap my 16yr.old daughter listens to now [8D]. As Joe Friday used to say,Just the facts,mam.Lets hear them and quit the bickering about a guy who penned the imfamous lyrics Wang Dang Sweet Poon Tang .Im gonna go take my geritol now.

Quick Reply: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.