HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Ted nugent..friend or foe? again.. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/24029-ted-nugent-friend-foe-again.html)

Deerhntr1213 02-18-2003 07:25 AM

Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

for starters im a big fan of uncle ted..but i just read his book god guns and rock and rol and some of things disgusted me.....he brags about taking an 800yard shot at a bighorn sheep and hitting it in the back femoral with his 9mm pistol..yes 800yards! And he also braged about shooting a turkey vulture soaring high in the sky above him with his .44 magnum pistol..ohh god think about all the places that round could have gone! He also bragged about his daughter taking a deer with a .22 come on now.. a .22 is not suitable for deer. I think ted should keep storys of stupididty adn ignorance that make us as hunters look bad to himself..thanks for listening to me ramble[:@][:@][:@]
-Jon

davidmil 02-18-2003 07:59 AM

RE: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

I' m not a fan. Nough said. And to all that are fans. If he wasn' t a big rock star I doubt many of us would want to be in the same woods with him. I certainly wouldn' t really want to be considered a friend or associated with someone that shoots buzzards and takes 800 yard pistol shots or shoots deer with 22s. We used to call people that shot deer with 22s " Jacklighters" because they usually did it at night. I know he has all this history and background with Fred Bear... really his father did. I doubt ole Fred would approve of all Teds antics.

Trebark 02-18-2003 08:54 AM

I' m with David on this one. While Ted' s a knowledgeable person, and I woudn' t want to be in an argument with him, I don' t think he cast a favorable image to non-hunters. I know he does a lot for the sport and for kids, but that all gets overshadowed by his crazy like demeanor. If he' d calm down and act a little more professional, I think we' d have something there.
Trebark

skeeter 7MM 02-18-2003 09:08 AM

He' s gone overboard, not even fanatical...just crazy. While I agree he is knowledgable and does good, I think he actually brings the negative more than positive to hunters. Too many years of Rock and Roll has effected his brain and judgement...he needs a muzzle for awhile.

CBM SC 02-18-2003 09:38 AM

I like Ted ,but I' m going to have to agree with Trebark !!

BowHuntingFool 02-18-2003 09:51 AM

Ted is the man! Being in Rock & Roll for as long as he has and been sober the whole time. I give him credit! Pretty tough to do(in my opinion)! He seems to know a bit about hunting, and does alot for the Kids, and to me, thats what it' s about, the kids. He speaks his mind, Tries a bit to hard at times, that' s Ted! He definetly pisses people off! Ya gotta love it!

BowTech_Shooter 02-18-2003 10:41 AM

I' m 100% Ted Nugent and TNUSA...

The man certainly does more good for hunting than bad for sure...

He also does a heck of a lot more for hunting on a daily basis than any of us regular Jo' s do...Probably ever...

Sometimes you have to look past the past and negatives and look at all the possitives and the future... He sure isn' t a cowardly man and doesn' t back down from any media or anti... EVER!

How many others do we see on TV or in the news, promoting hunting on a daily basis? How many other big name hunters do we read about in the media, helping to spread the word?...

The man does well for us all and tells nothing but the truth...

Like him or not, he' s on our side...And if you don' t like him, well, don' t like him then...I' m sure he' s cool with that...Heck all the anti' s and liberals hate the man... :D

PA Hardwoods 02-18-2003 11:11 AM

Leave the Motor City Madman alone. He has done more for the sport of hunting than most of us have even thought about. We all have probably done something in the woods that can be considered unethical. We all make bad choices. So lets all stand behind Ted and give him the support he needs to advance our sport.

BowHuntingFool 02-18-2003 11:18 AM

TED, TED, TED...[>:]

Trebark 02-18-2003 12:44 PM

Sure the anti' s hate him. I' ve heard several debates between him and PETA, and he backs them into a corner. He knows his facts and statistics, and puts on a great argument. Our focus, though, shouldn' t be on the anti' s. They feel what they feel, and I doubt that we are going to change their minds, at least they' ll never admit to it. The one' s that I' m concerned about is the non-hunters, who are neither for or against us. These are the people who grant, or don' t grant, permission to hunt their land, and who vote on issues that affect us and our sport. They ride the fence on which is right and wrong, and to bring them over to our side, we need to project a professional, respectful, and sane image. How can we convince them that hunting is a good thing, and right to do, if our goal is to piss them off?
I know Ted has a lot of good traits, and as I stated berfore, he does a lot for hunting and for kids. I think if he calms down a bit though, he would pull a lot more public support over to us. Just my two cents.
Trebark