Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ted nugent..friend or foe? again.. >

Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Old 02-19-2003, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Well said Bowfanatic theres something there
that doesnt click but being an older guy its
probably just me?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:07 AM

Ted Nugent does more to support and defend our rights as hunters, in one day, then everyone on this board will do in their entire lives, all put together! Liking him or his style should not be the question. His effort and his effectiveness is beyond question. I don' t listen to his music, want to go hunting with him, participate on his website or look up to him as a hunter, but I sure am thankful that he' s out there fighting for my right to hunt. He doesn' t have to do this. He could just sit back and enjoy life, like 99.9999% of hunters, but instead he fights for our hunting rights on a daily basis and I' m not going to be critical of a man that does that for me.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:11 AM

Well said Straightarrow.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-19-2003, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deerhunter1213, like I said, I may not agree with those choices (and I don' t), but I' m sure in his mind he was confident he could make those shots. The fact that he was in the same zip code as that critter with a 9mm at 800 yards says that he is a better shot than most, let alone hitting his target. I' m not agreeing with it, but I don' t expect anyone to tell me not to take a shot that I think I can make, so I won' t do it to anyone else.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:11 AM

As far as I' m concerned, Ted has done more good than harm to the sport of hunting. And as far as some of his statements of past misdeeds, look back on your past and try to remember if you' ve made some bad decisions as far as game shots go. I know in my younger days, I was guilty. We need high profile brothers fighting for our cause, and Ted fills the bill! Not real crazy about some of his music, but I' d watch his back in a showdown!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:26 AM
jjt

im reading most of these some pro some con
i can say this for all of you that bash ted what have you done to help hunting and gun rights????
ted may be venom tongued and he damn sure makes some people mad but he has done more than all of us on this forum and many others to save hunting and guns.
he is also one of a very few that is man enough to speak in favor of hunting and guns in the media.
so in my opinion dont bash the man for doing something you either cant or choose not to even if you dont agree with all his tactics
JMHO
Old 02-19-2003, 10:33 AM

Lets face facts.You won' t see Bill Jordan on MTV or Politicaly incorrect.Most people out there are preaching to the choir.Ted brings a positive,hip cool message about hunting to a group no else can reach.Like it or not these are the people who will decide the future of our sport as we are in the minority. So I say rock on uncle Ted!

CB
Old 02-19-2003, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

im reading most of these some pro some con
i can say this for all of you that bash ted what have you done to help hunting and gun rights????
ted may be venom tongued and he damn sure makes some people mad but he has done more than all of us on this forum and many others to save hunting and guns.
he is also one of a very few that is man enough to speak in favor of hunting and guns in the media.
so in my opinion dont bash the man for doing something you either cant or choose not to even if you dont agree with all his tactics
JMHO
I dont believe anyone is " bashing" Ted!
Alot of you are missing the point I tried to make. Yes he does alot for hunting. Dont try and use that against us that dont worship him. He has more resources to fight the antis and do " more good for hunting" than most of us will ever have. I believe he could do alot better in the communication department. Just because someone stands up and fights for something I believe in doesn' t automatically make them a good person (in my book)! I prefer my representatives to be good role models! JMO
Dont jump all over us that dont belong to your fan club!
Old 02-19-2003, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Just look at the way PETA has fallen bad in the public eye, because of their crazy antics. A lot of people that once listened to them and their message, now ignore them. We don' t want that happening to us.
Trebark

Quick Reply: Ted nugent..friend or foe? again..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.