Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ripcord question...With pics >

Ripcord question...With pics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ripcord question...With pics

Old 03-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ripcord question...With pics

Hey guys! Just bought a Ripcord today. So far I'm not at all impressed with the sound it makes. The slap this rest makes is absurd. I know, I know...put some moleskin on the riser shelf. The problem is that even when I raise the rest to be sure there is no contact with shelf it still makes the sound. The only way I've got it to be somewhat quiet is to raise the vertical adjustment so high that it can no longer be adjusted without falling off the mount. Any words of wisdom?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ripcord question...

I used camo felt with sticky back on a small section of the shelf and on the back of the launcher..no problems with noise here.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used them on four different Mathews bows with no problems as of yet. In the shop that I work at we did have a bad batch a few years back. We have sold several hundred since then and no problems yet. I don't understand why yours is so noise. I do believe you but I know it shouldn't be that way. Maybe if by chance you could post a pic of rest on you bow then we could better understand why you is making noise. Did you install it yourself or did you have someone else install it?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

I use felt and one of those Simms rubber pads.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

I used camo felt with sticky back on a small section of the shelf and on the back of the launcher..no problems with noise here.
X2 I love my ripcord!!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:30 PM

Mine also makes a little bit of a slap not bad though, I just put some new fuzz on my shelf and on the prongs, I found out electrical tape works pretty good considering i couldn't get the stuff i bought to stick looks nice too. Anyway i was thinking about buying one of those simms rubber pads or maybe something cheaper see anything changes.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Let me repeat myself or explain myself more clearly...the rest is not hitting the shelf and it is still making a sound. I'm posting some pics of both sides of the rest so you can see that the rest is 5/16 of an inch off of the shelf and it is still making a sound. When I lower mine so that it hits the shelf which is where mine should be because of my nock point, I can hear the sound of it hitting the shelf. I understand that and I know that by putting some sort of adhesive padding there it will take that sound away. THAT IS NOT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. So my question is, what does all of yours sound like when you release it. Is it silent? Do you hear a very faint noise? Or are does yours snap like mine does? I'm converting from a Whisker Biscuit and I'm shocked how loud this rest is. Even if I can figure out how to fix that sound, I'm not for sure if I'm going to keep it. It seems to me that it is bad design to have the rest hit the shelf, with padding or not. I'd rather have a rest that I wasn't forced to do that. So what does you all of yours sound like?

Old 04-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Typical Buck

First off, lose the football and serve it in your down cable. I use the Ripcord on all my Diamond bows with a small amount of moleskin on the shelf. They all make a small noise when released but, have someone else judge the noise. It probably isn't as loud as you think.

If you think the rest is faulty, call Keith at Ripcord. They are great over there and will get it right if that's the case.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:35 AM

NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH MINE ITS QUITE AS CAN B
Old 04-01-2008, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

Does anybody have theirs set up so that it doesn't hit the shelf?

Quick Reply: Ripcord question...With pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.