HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ripcord question...With pics
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 06:38 PM
jbowersox
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ripcord question...

Let me repeat myself or explain myself more clearly...the rest is not hitting the shelf and it is still making a sound. I'm posting some pics of both sides of the rest so you can see that the rest is 5/16 of an inch off of the shelf and it is still making a sound. When I lower mine so that it hits the shelf which is where mine should be because of my nock point, I can hear the sound of it hitting the shelf. I understand that and I know that by putting some sort of adhesive padding there it will take that sound away. THAT IS NOT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. So my question is, what does all of yours sound like when you release it. Is it silent? Do you hear a very faint noise? Or are does yours snap like mine does? I'm converting from a Whisker Biscuit and I'm shocked how loud this rest is. Even if I can figure out how to fix that sound, I'm not for sure if I'm going to keep it. It seems to me that it is bad design to have the rest hit the shelf, with padding or not. I'd rather have a rest that I wasn't forced to do that. So what does you all of yours sound like?