Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scare of my life!! Must read >

Scare of my life!! Must read

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scare of my life!! Must read

Old 03-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scare of my life!! Must read

Unreal!...

Well...I know I won't walk in the woods with my Johnny Stewart playing a cougar call... There's only one other pistol round I would rather not have shot at me...and thats a 240 gr. SJH out of my Dan Wesson 44 mag.

I had the bajeezuz scared out of me once.....it was in the dark when my dad jumped out of a corn row at me.....or wait!...maybe it was the 15 great horned owls I've had swoop my head....
Old 03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Believe it or not I have yet to have the heck scared out of me while in the woods by an animal. Now by people and equipment that a whole nother story. Just two years ago I was driving my brothers piece of crap truck and his brakes went out on me while going down a step hill with a sharp dropoffon each side with a a icy two lane highway in the middle. I entered into a turn with too much speed turned sidways, slamed into the opposite guardrail bounced off then was sliding sidways into oncomming traffic. I still wonder how in the hell my father and I lived that day let alone drive the truck home. Talk aboutcrappingyou pants, and yes I found out that day Bill Cosby was right, (when you get into a accident your going to have soiled underware, because first you say it then you do it!)
Old 03-30-2008, 03:08 AM
Fork Horn

357??? All you needed was a quart-sized bag of CAT NIP!!! You could've had him rollin around at your feet!
Old 03-30-2008, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

This is an awesome story. We do not have cougars in NY, but I've heard coyotes walking out and that is scary enough. I do have 1 question...How come you haven't gone back to see if you hit it? I think you should go back with a loaded gun, flashlight, camera, knife and see what you find. Let us know!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:13 AM

While it wasnt a cougar, me a buddy heard bobcat scream while we were setting traps last year. Something about that sounds just gets to you. Glad you guys made it out ok.