Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scare of my life!! Must read >

Scare of my life!! Must read

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scare of my life!! Must read

Old 03-29-2008, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scare of my life!! Must read

That is hilarious. I know it is not to you right now but, its still funny. Glad you made it. I've heard a cat scream from a long way off. I can only imagine your fear being that close. At least you had your gun.
chris
Old 03-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I must be missing something,I don't see how that situation was funny.It would be tough enough to ward off a mountain lion if you were fully prepared.Glad the cat didn't get more aggressive and that you are fine!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

C'mom man, you have to overcome the fear like Ricky Bobby did!! I think he named his cougar Karen lol.

Sounds pretty intense, glad you came out unscathed.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:57 AM

scarry but since you made it through it was a funny story. to be honest its hard to say what one would do until presented with the same situation. i think i would have done the same thing but with my 45.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: bigdawgwill44

next thing you know it was pitch black.

long and steep uphill climb in the black of night

he saw a pair of yellowish green eyes looking at us.
I would have been crapping myself too.....but I have a question.

Now, I don't know much about mountain lions, but do their eyes glow in the dark? I'm just trying to figure out how you see eyes when its pitch black out. [:-]
Old 03-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe there eye's were reflecting off of the moon Dan.[8D] I would of been looking for a new pair of undies when I got back to the house. Glad you made it back alright!!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

LMAO! Living life to it's fullest eh? That's awesome but next time you may not want to move as cats instinctually jump at movement. Dude, you had me in tears reading this post I was lauging so hard.
X2 LMAO what a great story!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigdawgwill44

So i'm out scouting tonight for elk bow season (bored needed something to do) and i had the scare of a liftetime. I was with a buddy, had walked down a 2 mile, very old dirt logging road that was very very steep in heavy timbered area in Oregon. Once we started to head back up the hill, it was getting dark and next thing you know it was pitch black. Not a big deal but we knew we had a long and steep uphill climb in the black of night (of course forgot out flashlights). So as we are climbing the hill, i keep sensing something is just behind me, to the side of me in the tree line. I keep telling myself it's nothing but then i stop when i hear what seemed to be a branch snapping. Me and my buddy look to the area we heard the noise and just listened...nothing.. we began to walk again, heard something again, we stopped.. nothing.. at this point i'm starting to freak out, then we start walking backwards looking at the area of the noise and my buddy goes "what the F*** is that!?" i didnt see it so i asked him what it was and he said he saw a pair of yellowish green eyes looking at us. so i am completely ****ting myself, still walking backwards, then the moment that will scar me for life.. A gigantic cat scream!! It was a damn cougar following us in the black of night. we both started running, i whip out my ruger .357 and start unloading in the area, just shooting into the black of night while still running. the sad thing was we were only halfway up that hill and i have never been so out of breath in my life running up that damn hill like a scared little girl, lol. But let me tell you, that cat scream shook me to my core, the hair on my neck is standing up from me just telling this story! If you have never heard a big cat scream up close, it cannot be described.. Ya i might have trouble going to sleep tonight.
YOU SHOULD HAVE THAT GUN TAKEN AWAY. I NEVER WANT TO BE ANYWHERE NEAR YOU IN THE WOODS.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:35 AM

Tell us how you really feel magic!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Tell us how you really feel magic!!!
I'm still shaking too. Thats the last time I will dress in a cat costume and chase people in the dark!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.