Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Catch Us If You Can >

Catch Us If You Can

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Catch Us If You Can

Old 03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Catch Us If You Can

Do you think the "Catch Us If You Can" slogan still holds true for Mathews? I don't shoot one, but I believe Bowtech is quickly moving their way in front of "The Bow That Profesionals are Pai....Choosing to Shoot". Perhaps next year their motto will be, "Holy Crap, You Actually Caught Us!"
Old 03-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Catch Us If You Can

i shot the new drenalin, and my fred bear the truth 2, and i liked the fred bear MUCH more, so i bought it.
so no, i dont think their slogan stands true anymore. they are still good bows though.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

Do you think the "Catch Us If You Can" slogan still holds true for Mathews? I don't shoot one, but I believe Bowtech is quickly moving their way in front of "The Bow That Profesionals are Pai....Choosing to Shoot". Perhaps next year their motto will be, "Holy Crap, You Actually Caught Us!"
A Long time Ago
Old 03-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

As someone who owns one, and has worked on several, I don't think Mathews was ever out front to be caught in the first place.

That said... if they'd pay me the kind of money they pay some of their top shooters, I'd probably tattoo that slogan on my backside.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:15 PM

I'm afraid to watch...
[/align]
Old 03-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer58

I'm afraid to watch...

[/align]
Magic said he wanted to see some action.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

In some aspects yes and no. As far as the speed race I think no. But as far as really nice smooth shooting bows that are hunter friendly (great compact bow) yes they are still one of the top. Also it is definitly a regional thing with who shoots what I think. Here in Wisconsin a ton of people shoot mathews (manufactured in WI). Other places depending on fads and dealers certain bows are more common in certain regions. WCL
Old 03-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matthews accomplished a lot in terms of solo cam technology - at one point everyone thought that was the way of the future - but interms of the technology lately - Bowtech has made solid ground-

If I could only own one bow - It would be my commander, followed by a hoyt, followed by bear, matthews is way down on my personal list
Old 03-27-2008, 07:00 PM

a catchy sales pitch is key to good sales.Self proclaimed promanace.they all do it but some stand out more than others, especially if they have the funds to put it out there. I admit that they have been above average longer but the bottom line is in todays compound world there are many great bows...Hoyt,Bowtech,Mathews,PSE and so on you get the picture.Shoot what feels right for you is key. The wayI look at it is people havebeen succesful hunting with much more inferiorbows since thebow concept has been around sowe can't hardly go wrong with any bow that is on the market.

We can split hairs all day long about the differences but bottom line is it bowels down to personal prefernce.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think they got left behind ... there new slogan shoud be ( another one bites the dust )

Quick Reply: Catch Us If You Can

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.