Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Catch Us If You Can >

Catch Us If You Can

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Catch Us If You Can

Old 03-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Catch Us If You Can

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Next honestly ask yourself if the same was being said about bowtech would you feel people would be bashing bowtech.
Ineed to ask why you singled out Bowtech? Because you see some Bowtech guys positing in this thread? You read anything nasty or mailicous or you just don't like the title because that's what's in your avatar? I don't get it? I went back through and there are all sorts of shooters in this thread?

Seriously ? no I couldn't care less if this was about Bowtech, what the sensitive types need to distinguish is the difference between BASHING (which is spreading rumors, or badmouthing bows for the sake of hurting sales or being particularly malicious toward one brand) and RIBBING, which many guys are doing in that my dad is better than your dad or Spiderman could beat up Wonder Woman style and is just based on opinion and the fact that people like their stuff.

Bashing has to be the most overused over sensitive term in the history of archery, everyone takes everything as BASHING.

Bashing has a definite EDGE to it , you'll know it when you see it, and I don't see it here.......I've definitely seen it thrown in our direction several times recently and of course we have to just bite our tongues.
You wanna make fun of the little rainbow guy or throw around mine is better than yours who really gives a crap seriously?
My bow will always be better than yours, and yours will always be better than his, and Darth Vader could seriously kick Luke Skywalkers ass but we all get along just fine.

Some people are just more sensitive than others and don't like ANYTHING negative said about their brands.

And I only stopped in here to say that that Trans Am in the video was awesome. LOL

Ok, first I don't feel that it is bashing Mathews, heck I work in a shop and hear all things about different bows. I do feel a lot of archers feel that thier bow is better than a Mathews, and that is as it should be, because every archery needs to think or feel thattheir equipment is the best no matter what he or she is shooting. The whole reason I singled out bowtech is because most of the posters on here were bowtech shooters. And I would be willing to bet that if this thread was reversed and it was bowtech being talked about that a few of you would be saying that we were bashing bowtech. No I don't have any proof, just a hunch based upon what I have read here in the bowhunting forums. I was just courious if my hunch was correct and that is why I posted it.Not trying to stirr the pot or cause any troubble. And if I have I will be the first to say I am truly sorry.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:08 PM

Matthews makes some very nice bows and they have some very good technology. I honestly will have to say that even with the new Airbornes that Bowtech uses to compete with Elite's line, Matthews still has the finest overall quality. And this is coming from a loyal Bowtech customer. I looked at my buddy's Drenalin today and that thing is amazing. The Black Ice is still the one for me though!

I mean c'mom be honest!

Heck, I even watched a hunting show recently that was sponsored by Bowtech, it started out one guy killed an Elk with an Allegiance then the next guy tried to kill an Elk with one but the oppurtunity didn't present itself. So the next day he ended up killing one with a Drenalin! I was like wuh?????
Old 03-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Swift arrow, I haveknown of that before happening several times.A friendgets invited to go on such and such hunt by another friend who is sponsored by a certian company. The hunt will be filmed, andof course before the hunt everyone agrees they will only use the equipment required/made by the manufacture filming the hunt.The invited friend agrees to hunt with a borrowed bow, provided by the manufacture and its just doensn't work out, or they have several misses, and they end up using their own personal bow made by a different manufacture.It really doesn't matter for the friend but it sure does look bad for the company fillmin the hunt and its even worse for the sponsored friend. This exact scenerio happen last year on a elk hunt here in the west. The two friends are no longer friends and the guy who did the inviting is in a bit of trouble with his company, because his friend refused to follow the rules.

P.S. I know thats a bit confusing to understand but I don't want to say any names to keep everyone anomymouns.