Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck 3D Archery target??? >

Buck 3D Archery target???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck 3D Archery target???

Old 03-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck 3D Archery target???

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Hands down -- 1,000 times to 1 -- the best 3d buck target with the easiest-pulling arrows is Morrell's Bionic Buck. Nothing else comes REMOTELY close. True ONE-finger arrow removal, and it'll take a POUNDING.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, nor am I trying to be... just one extremely satisfied customer.
x2
Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: hoyt_user

Rinehart there sort of expensive, but there the best !!!
As far as foam, McKenzie is the best, Reinharts are great and slightly less expensive.

I think Rineharts will outlast Mckenzie and they havesome really expensive targets as well.
I wasn't talking longevity and that's debatable as I don't have two side by side outside to shoot for the next X years to determine that but as far as these, I feel McKenzie wins by far for looks but again, I really like Reinharts too. I think Reinhart really has some neat offerings in their line but from old school ASA and IBO tourneys when EVERY tourney was McKenzie, I still prefer them.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

The GlenDel 3D Buck is a good target to practice on and arrow removal is pretty easy with it layerd insert.
Forgot to mention that if you rub soap on the shaft of your arrow it will come out easyer and if your using an arrow puller give it a twist as your pulling out.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

From my days of shooting ASA torneys when they had the Mckenzies and then they went to the Rineharts,the Rineharts held up better when the targets were of similar size and the arrow removal was MUCH easier.But,when the Rine harts started to go,they went fast.Just took a while for that to start.

I like them both but hate to pull them out of Mckenzies,especially when it is cold out.And from what I have seen from the flex foam,they have some catching up to do there.

Over the whole line,the Mckenzies look better but I really likeSOME of the Rineharts better.

Just don't get a Delta.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TFOX

From my days of shooting ASA torneys when they had the Mckenzies and then they went to the Rineharts,the Rineharts held up better when the targets were of similar size and the arrow removal was MUCH easier.But,when the Rine harts started to go,they went fast.Just took a while for that to start.

I like them both but hate to pull them out of Mckenzies,especially when it is cold out.And from what I have seen from the flex foam,they have some catching up to do there.

Over the whole line,the Mckenzies look better but I really likeSOME of the Rineharts better.

Just don't get a Delta.
I agree, I have a Delta, they die as quickly as they are cheap. [:'(]

McKenzie do pull harder than Reinharts but Reinharts leave residue on arrows, never had that on McKenzies.

It's a tough choice, I like them both as well. I really like many of the options on the Reinhart line. If I were going to set up a 3D course, I believe I'd go all Reinharts.

Tough choice, Many choices, both right choices...LOL
Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm for sure stearing clear of the delta's I have heard they are trash. I have a block style target that you can't pull the arrows out to save your life. I just want something that will hold up and not be a pia to pull arrows out of.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:22 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I'm for sure stearing clear of the delta's I have heard they are trash. I have a block style target that you can't pull the arrows out to save your life. I just want something that will hold up and not be a pia to pull arrows out of.
Then you need a bag target or the bionic buck.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:11 AM

Reinharts.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

oz, I do it all the time... seriously. Just curl your index finger around the arrow shaft and pull straight out. They come out that easy. This thing's a pure joy to shoot into all day.
Hey Greg , you got a picture of that target.I can only find really small ones .