Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!? >

If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?

Old 03-23-2008, 10:29 AM

Default RE: If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Just watched the video. I should havewatched it before responding the firsttime.[&:]Very interesting. I would like to see some more ppl respond.

I see that the Rocky Mtn synpersperformed the best. I would have liked to have seen them test the Rage but I take it this was an older video?

Not surprising, it's my head of choice after 5Shot said the same thing, tough and accurate and the holes are unbelievable.
I'm almost thinking that I'm going to try the Synpers this spring for turkeys and quite possibly in the fall too. What made you choose the Snypers over Rage? Just the fact you were already using the Snypers when Rage came into the picture?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?

ORIGINAL: Schultzy
Exactly Dan! I am a hunter as well and I could care less what my field points are doing. What makes me happy is what my BH's are doing.
That's the way it's always been for me Steve! My main concern has always been what's going on with my Broadheads.

Dan
Old 03-23-2008, 10:51 AM

DAN YOUR PM BOX IS FULL
Old 03-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: blackfish

DAN YOUR PM BOX IS FULL
Whoops!! Sorry!

It sneaks up on me

Dan
Old 03-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Just watched the video. I should havewatched it before responding the firsttime.[&:]Very interesting. I would like to see some more ppl respond.

I see that the Rocky Mtn synpersperformed the best. I would have liked to have seen them test the Rage but I take it this was an older video?

Not surprising, it's my head of choice after 5Shot said the same thing, tough and accurate and the holes are unbelievable.
I'm almost thinking that I'm going to try the Synpers this spring for turkeys and quite possibly in the fall too. What made you choose the Snypers over Rage? Just the fact you were already using the Snypers when Rage came into the picture?
Exactly, was using Snypers when Rage came out, they've been flawless, incredible holes and slightly cheaper.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Well, thats all I needed to hear. I've read slightly better reviews on the Snypers compared to the Rage. Thanks for the help, Rob.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:36 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Guess it's my turn to weigh in on this oft-discussed issue. Several observations:

1. I've owned ten or so hunting bows of various makes over the last decade. With every one of them, the BHs (several brands, including Muzzy, Montec and Bear) always hit a few inches low and left of the FPs at 40 yards no matter how much I tinkered.

2. 99.9% of the folks who post comments like "my BHs hit the same as my FPs" never state what range they're talking about. (This thread has contained several refreshing exceptions to that.) Since most bowhuntersshoot fairly short distances from trees, perhaps that's why they never specify distance, I don't know.

3. Every guy I know who says "My BHs hit with my FPs" is lucky to hit afive gallon bucket at 40 yds with either. (Don't read anything into that observation other than the fact that I know some pretty bad shots who are also self-deluded.)

3. If I can tune (paper, walk-back, etc.) FPs and also get bare shafts to hit with FPs out to 25 yards, my BHs will group well and hit darn close to FPs at further distances. I still have to snidge the sight 1/32" or so vertically and horizontally before hunting, a task that takes all of two minutes.

That being said, if someone here can shoot ten arrows (five FPs and five BHs, shot alternately with consistent skill throughout) at 50 yards and post a photo of the group, I'd love to see it. If it's a good group and the two types of tips are nicely comingled, kudos to you, and I'd love to hear your secrets. I'll also buy youlunch next time I'm at your range.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:41 PM

After my broadhead blows through my intended targets lungs, I've never heard them complain about whether my field points hit the same as my broadheads!
Old 03-23-2008, 06:48 PM

I have seen this video before. And I had the same thoughts again. The bow in the test I don't believe was tuned to it's potential. I agree w/ TFOX. just bc a bow will paper tune ,doesn't mean it's tuned. I've papered many bows( possibly all of them)that needed a tweak to the windage and elevation in order to shoot a TIGHT group out to +/-45yrds. Paper is not the end of tuning. And I have aging eyes. How do I know that tear is PERFECT?
I would not believe that test bow was tuned bc most impacts were low and/or left. A slight rest adjustment would NOT be noticable in a paper tear.... And what about spinning the heads???
I'm thinking that bow was not "tuned" to my liking.(If it were mine)

My expierence is this. When I (and other) have stated same POI , I believe 1 in. give or take at 40yrds qualifies. Unless you want to knit pick my shooting. And you could.

I'm going to give the BH's the benefit of the doubt on this one. Granted , they aren't ALL great heads. But I would bet quite a few of the heads could have had the same POI. JMHO.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:06 PM

The machine only shows one part of the equation.
The muzzy was 3" inches off the mark.
But what if a group of three arrows w/ muzzys were shot and the end result was a double robinhood 3" away from the "x"?
I'd think I would do the easy thing and adjust my sights.

Quick Reply: If your BH's and FP's hit the same it means your bow is out of tune!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.