Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best State to hunt deer >

Best State to hunt deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best State to hunt deer

Old 03-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best State to hunt deer

That's because the people that live in say Illinois or Ohio do not want their state to be hunted anymore than it already is, so they are saying elsewhere. It is all in good humor though. With that being said, I would have to say Ohio, Iowa, Kansas, Wisconsin, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, or CANADA. Can anybody guess where I'm from?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:21 PM

I know it's not the best, but I usually hunt in the state of confusion????
Old 03-20-2008, 05:40 PM

Hey you guys from illinois what happen to the great big buck state? thought this was the greatest state in the us for big bucks what up?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

IL for sure, IA has no deer, I killed the very last one back in November.....or maybe you should try WI or Ohio....
I saw him do it....It was crazy.....Last deer in IA....
Old 03-20-2008, 05:52 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Missouri is getting better with the point restriction. I have seen some good bucks in Kentucky but I would have to say Iowa or Wisconsin.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bddavidson

Hey you guys from illinois what happen to the great big buck state? thought this was the greatest state in the us for big bucks what up?
I am sorry to say but there are no more big bucks in the state of Illinois. Other than the pending world record, or at least top 5, buckthat was harvested this past year this state is now only left with spikes and half racks. Looks like people should give Illinois a break for awhile, just to let the bucksgrow a little if you know what I mean.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bddavidson

Yeah, all of the big bucks that were in Illinois were either killed in the early 1990's, or swam the river to seek refuge in Kentucky and Iowa. Sorry to say, but if we ever want to regain our big buck status, we are just going to have to quit hunting, and start managing for those big Illinois cottontails. Yep, don't even bother with Illinois, we're tapped. Nothing left here but a few mangey does and 10,000 out of state hunters trying to kill them.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know guys...If you had asked this question in bow season I think that the comments would be "oh it must be PA" After all, there were some that jested that they were tired of seeing "buck down in PA' posts. I am biased. I live in North Central PA and I love it here. Also, the bucks are getting bigger with point restrictions and people seeing the success that they can bring. I can't lie to you and say that I see the number of deer that I did as a child, but I firmly believe that our herd is healthier as well as our forests.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I figure PA must be America's Hotspot for giant whitetails - it seems like everyone in the damn free world is crammed into the gamelands every Saturday... So, just judging by the huge turnout - SW PA must be "the newplace to be."

If it gets any more crowded around here, the Game Commission is gonna have to start issuing occupancy permits for the Game Lands.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

MICHIGAN

Quick Reply: Best State to hunt deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.