Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best State to hunt deer >

Best State to hunt deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best State to hunt deer

Old 03-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best State to hunt deer

Im from western Va. and we have some pretty good hunting here actually. A lot of farm land with plenty of oak ridges so the land layout rivals that of what ya see on tv a little bit. I'd love to Iowa, Kansas, Saskatchewan (SP?) and there is just something about that sleeper state of Kentucky I am drawn to.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TexasOaks

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

TEXAS....because they can only run to the FENCE!!!! But seriously, I think probably IOWA would be my choice, followed by Wisconsin!!!
Ouch... had to group all of us in the HIGH FENCE didnt you [:@].
Yeah, he is real original [:'(]
Old 03-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

Texas....It truly is a Whitetail candy store!!!!
In some ways this is soooooo, right.

120-139 = $3500
140-159 = $5000
160-174 = $6500
175+ = Call for price
ORIGINALl: TexasOaks

Ouch... had to group all of us in the HIGH FENCE didnt you .
Sorry, no offense intended if you are one of the guys who hunts wildlife, not LIVESTOCK, down there. I know most TX hunters aren't RICH, and do really HUNT, but there are a LOT of the HF guys on line always trying to rationalize the reason for the fence being something other than to contain "THEIR" deer, and manipulate the genetics. Which there may be a couple, but you don't put up $50,000 worth of fence just for recreational hunting.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Site Buck Guru

Florida!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Deer?....or BIG deer?

Hell I don't know too many who see more deer than I do. They're not big....but they're plentiful. We're changing our slogan this year.

NC - No fanfare. No hoopla. No delusions of grandeur. Just lots of deer. Come kill some!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Any of the corn belt midwest states.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:02 PM

Its not a state.....Saskatchewan, hands down. The sheer number of big bucks would blow your mind.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its not a state.....Saskatchewan, hands down. The sheer number of big bucks would blow your mind.
I was just about to say... I would choose those provinces to the north. Hands down!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:57 PM

i am suprised that no body has mentioned Michigan. we have so many deer that the DNR cannot kill them off fast enough. between the DNR and the cars the numbers are taken down not by hunters.i think michigan is so full of deer that if you do not shoot one it is because you are lazy. the racks are slacking due to the hunting pressure... thatsa whole nother debate..... but seriously Michigan rocks.

i always see huge massive deer each year and on my hunting property it is nothing to see 100-150 deer a night. the only question is where they come out at. p.s. even with the hunting pressure record book bucks are taken off the property on average of 3 years. and seeing them frequently. we have 20 people hunting 150 acres.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

I was going to say, why not just ask, "What state are you from?" because you'd get the same response to each question from most people, but looking at the responses and member profiles, I'd have been wrong. I sure love the deer hunting here in WI, but I know Iowa and Kansas are big time deer states too.

Quick Reply: Best State to hunt deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.