Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mean V or STS

Old 04-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Mean V or STS

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

didn't know it was the "dipping" that did all the suppressing.....thanks for enlightening me.

Seriously.....some folks aren't all "hung up" on matching camo and for them there is a far cheaper way to make the same thing. I was just showing how you can build your own for far less money.

No doubt both of these products are high quality components and both will do the job their supposed to do.....camo dipping or not

I guess I find it amazing that guys will spend 800.00 plus for a bow then load it up with "cheaper" accessories. No doubt your suppressor the MeanV and String Tamer ect.. do the job their are intended to do. I'm sure some guys will take this post as helpful and some will take it as a jab at another member.
How in the hell is my post a jab at another member???? I'd LOVE to hear this........

Also how is my suppressor "cheaper"? It may have cost meless to makethan it wouldhave to purchase other suppressors on the market but I can guarantee it's not "cheaper", I used the same materials!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I knowJohn well enough to assure you that he wasn't taking a *jab* at another member. All the guy did was show everyone a cost-effective and easy way to fabricate their own string suppressor at home. Johnny's a good egg, and I'd go to bat for him anyday.

I can assure you that there was no malicious intent in his post - but I guess you're free to interpret it however you like.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I knowJohn well enough to assure you that he wasn't taking a *jab* at another member. All the guy did was show everyone a cost-effective and easy way to fabricate their own string suppressor at home. Johnny's a good egg, and I'd go to bat for him anyday.

I can assure you that there was no malicious intent in his post - but I guess you're free to interpret it however you like.
Besides if John wants to take a "jab" at another member it's likely to leave an imprint of that other member in the wall.

Seriously, BigJ's just trying to pass along some info for those of us that like to tinker and be do it yourselfers. No ill-will intended I'm sure.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

MeanV
Old 04-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Neither!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The V
Old 04-03-2008, 04:12 AM
Host of Hosts

How in the hell is my post a jab at another member???? I'd LOVE to hear this........

Why you getting so upset?
Also how is my suppressor "cheaper"? It may have cost meless to makethan it wouldhave to purchase other suppressors on the market but I can guarantee it's not "cheaper", I used the same materials!
Exactly..... And you posted in in public in 2 different threads to make sure everyone saw it. That's the jab.Although your post is helpful to alot of guys, it also has a different effect on one other guy. It should have been given outin PM's in my opinion.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Why you getting so upset?
Exactly..... And you posted in in public in 2 different threads to make sure everyone saw it. That's the jab.Although your post is helpful to alot of guys, it also has a different effect on one other guy. It should have been given outin PM's in my opinion.
BS!

It's a "jab" because I found a way to make a string suppressor for less than what retailers are selling them for?? Are you kidding me!

You better look out, Gibblet is making string sets that are cheaper than the Vapor Trail sets MeanV sells.....is HE taking a "Jab" because EVERYBODY knows his sets are cheaper?

Why do I have the feeling if I had made a wrist sling instead of a suppressor we wouldn't be having this conversation.Hey I applaud your loyalty to Dan but you're out of line here. There is NOTHING wrong with me trying to help other archers out by showing them how to make a comparable suppressor for less money...whoops....there I go again.

Just how in the hell did my post have a "different effect on one other guy"??? The last time I checked MeanV wasn't the ONLY one making suppressors....Nice of you to throw STS under the bus! Truth is you don't give a rats rear end about STS or any other suppressor maker,if you did you would have included them in your senseless rant. No, YOU made this about MeanV. I like Dan'ssuppressors better than the STS ones and if I were to purchase one it would be his.

I'm not manufacturing suppressors and I'm not trying to undercut other peoples business PA, All I did was find a way to build one with common archery items and passed it along to fellow archers...Hell it wasn't even that tough to figure out, anyone with the IQ of a postage stamp can see how their made.

I don'tthink for one second that my "DIY" project will effect MeanV or STS orANY other suppressor manufacturer's salesin any way...get a clue. What's next PA, are you going to go after all those folks who make their own bow components?....You better hurry then, because LostInWoods just posted about a stabilizer he built........Wait, I guess he's safe because MeanV doesn't makethose.

PABuck HNTR, you OBVIOUSLY have an agenda here, it's quite clear to see. You're trying to make this into something that it's not. I found a way to build a suppressor and have passed it along to others who are looking for ideas. This thread IS ABOUT SUPPRESSORS therefore it only makes sense that the folks who open and read it are interested in them in one way or the other so I posted about my build here......simple.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Somebody just got SERVED.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:39 AM

I have a mean V supressor. Amazing difference, as to how it made the bow quieter. Mean V v.s. suppressor, they do the same thing. I like the more stream-lined look, of Mean V's & the color matches the bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.