Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mean V or STS

Old 03-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mean V or STS

I have two MeanV SS's. Neither one matches the camo on my bows but they still work great LOL
Old 03-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the STS.I know a few people that use the Mean-V and are very happy with it.So what ever you want is good.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a MeanV and wanting another to replace my STS on other bow.The allen screw is rounding off and where it bites into the shaft is getting wore also...MeanV's doesn't have that problem.I like plain black,I may paint the next one pink just to catch folks eye's...I can camo it for hunting later!
Old 03-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Site Bouncer

If you have a rear bushing to mount a string suppressor to, you can make your own for a fraction of the cost. Of course it will be black so if you want camo you will need to either get it dipped or purchase a MeanV, STS or other type of suppressor already camo'd.

My Mathews has a rear bushing and all of my components are black so I've been mulling it over. I will probably make one and see if I notice any difference with the bow.

All you would need to do is purchase a standard run of the mill cable guide bar. The old school type that is bent to move the cables away from the string. They can be found almost anywhere and only cost about $6.00 to $10.00.

Like this:

Then all you need to do is measure and cut to length. Remember to take into consideration the thickness of the rubber stop at the end. Speaking of the rubber stop, those too can be found fairly easy and they only cost about $8.00. I believe MeanV sells them for about that much. It's better to be slightly short (about 1/8in) because you can always adjust out the stop. The cable rod has a locking collar so you can adjust the length about 1/4in.

After you cut it to length and slip on the rubber end (you can install a rubber jack if you like) simply mount it to the bow, adjust and voila your done...you just made your own string suppressor for about $14.00 to $18.00!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I just ordered the STS for the same reasons as GR8.

So far....nobody there's called me a dumbass, either......which is nice!
Maybe a 15 yearold
Old 03-19-2008, 05:40 PM

^ hey i'm 15
Old 03-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Maybe a 15 yearold
Happy Birthday, blackfish!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

^ hey i'm 15
SORRY MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE SAID 2
Old 03-19-2008, 07:52 PM

Gotta go with the custom made MeanV with the bowjax and Dan is a good man to deal with. I don't see how you can think that the STS is cheaper? A custom made one that includes shipping for the same price as a brand new STS in my neck of the woods was a no brainer.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:51 AM

Ya a mean v sts is the way to go one of the single best things i bought for my bow and dans a great guy one of those guys that everyone gets along with unless your aarogant loud mouth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.