Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you do? >

What would you do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you do?

Old 03-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What would you do?

Ok if you know that someone is hunting on property that they are not allowed (poaching) and they are killing deer that you would normally be seeing on your property but not since they are killing them would you go take their stands?

This is happeing to me and I know where all of their stands are and they are some good ones hehe. But in all honesty I didnt see as many deer this year as normal and I know it was because of them. I let a nice little 80-90 inch 8 point walk and he crossed the field over to property that no one can hunt and I hear a shot... I never saw him again.

Please help with my decision...

Oh and btw they ahvent been back since hunting season and left all of there stands up.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What would you do?

Ok if you know that someone is hunting on property that they are not allowed (poaching) and they are killing deer that you would normally be seeing on your property but not since they are killing them would you go take their stands?
Is it your land?

If not.....why in the world would you stealing be better than them trespassing?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make the landowner aware and let them handle it, it's their call.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Is it your land?

If not.....why in the world would you stealing be better than them trespassing?

whats worse stealing or poaching?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Ya know......I think you're honestly trying to decide what to do....

SO I'd call the landowner and ask him if he's aware of the trespassing......or if he's aware of people hunting on his land. They may be perfectly legit. If they're not...and he chooses to do nothing about it.....you have no recourse.

Stealing is never the answer, though.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:19 PM

I agree with GMMAT, if it is not on land you hunt, then there really isn't much you can do other than notify the landowner. Now, if they are on your land and the stands are on your property, take em and use em I say, or you could call the law and have them come out and look at the stands but that ain't gonna hold up in court, unless they are actually in the stand when yall get there.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:26 PM

I agree w/the others. Let the other landowner know, & maybe you can strike a deal for hunting permission for watching his land.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513
Do you honestly think that going onto someone else's property (tresspassing) to steal stands is justifiable in this situation?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513
Do you honestly think that going onto someone else's property (tresspassing) to steal stands is justifiable in this situation?
honestly yes. If that means it will keep a few poachers out of the woods.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would rather be known as a tresspasser taking stands down that being called a poacher any day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.