Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 String Supressor and Tuning Questions >

String Supressor and Tuning Questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String Supressor and Tuning Questions

Old 03-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default String Supressor and Tuning Questions

Ok, so I know very little about tuning bows. I was almost convinced I needed a new bow when I shot a bunch last weekend at the deer and turkey expo. I decided to take my bow to a proshop and have a "pro" help me tune it before I drop another grand on a new bow two years after my last upgrade. I figured since the guy working at the big box store didn't seem to know any more than me, it likely needs help to shoot it's best. So, here are my questions.

1) I have also decided to get a string supressor. Looking at other posts, it looks like the meanV is the best bet. (is it mean "vee" or mean 5?) Can I/should I get it tuned before I get the string supressor for it? Will it affect the tuning if I get it tuned first, then put the SS on?

2) Can I remove the factory string silencers with no ill effect after the SS is on? They are part of the factory hush kit on Diamond bows. The cornfields are hard on them anyway, and a couple tenticles have already been partially cut off. Are they likely to make it any quieter with the SS on?

3) I'm not even sure if I'm getting a camo one, but in the event that I decide to, can anyone identify this camo pattern? I don't see it marked on the bow. '05 victory if I remember correctly.

4) What else do I need to know?

Old 03-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Supressor and Tuning Questions

PM MeanV and hook ya up.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just Completely guessing here but looks like Mossy Oak Obsession OR Break-Up
Old 03-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would install all accessories (including CSS) before getting serious about tuning. Make sure you download easton's tuning guide. It's very helpful:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/resou...ning_guide.pdf

You will probably not need the string leeches with the MeanV CSS. I removed mine when I installed the CSS and my bow was quieter than before. The sudden deceleration of the string is hard on the leechesanyway - especially if yours already have some wear on them.CSS made my bow quieter and the sound is shorter in duration.

Can't help with the camo pattern but a call to Diamond should answer your question ...then againsomebody on here will probably be able to tell you.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think it affects your bow at all...
Old 03-12-2008, 06:42 PM

I am almost positive that camo is Mossy Oak New Break Up, I can tell by the whiteness and leaf color. Since its an 05 it might me the old mossy oak but I doubt it, either way a new break up color suppressor would look good on it.