Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PSE X-Force Question >

PSE X-Force Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE X-Force Question

Old 03-05-2008, 01:15 PM

Default PSE X-Force Question

Currently testing a PSE X-Force 6, and having some issues. I have a 29 inch draw length, and I have the bow setup with 29 inch modules and setup on the - slot to be a little shorter and also at 65 lbs. My problem is that I'm having a hard time holding it back. It just feels like it wants to creep and launch on me. I have read that this bow doesn't allow for any creep, and also that sometimes the draw length is a little long for these bows. So is this just the nature of the bow, or does it sound like maybe my draw length is too long? The guy at the shop said that length looked ok, but that I have to hold solid against the wall. When I do that, I just feel like I'm pulling too hard and start to shake. So I just can't get comfortable. Is it the nature of the bow, or is setup wrong? Any help from you X-Force owners would be appreciated!!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PSE X-Force Question

I have heard guys that shoot this bow talk about this exact issue. Almost no valley is one way they are getting the speed they are out of that bow. If you want that speed, you have to take the negatives that come with it.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:08 PM

I have an 07 X Force with the 6' brace, I have not had this issue. Maybe the pull weight is too much? I shoot mine at 73# and a 26" draw. I had a problem with inconsistency until I wrapped my grip and made it fatter, added a Norway String Tamer, and began shooting heavier arrows. Now I wouldn't give anything for this bow. I love it!! I was still shooting 290 fps with a 372 gr arrow and a 26" draw!!! Speed is the reason for the season with this bow.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:03 PM

I have no problem pulling it back, and I have always shotallof my bows at 65 lbs.Just holding it at full draw seems to be an issue (it just wants to creep forward on me). I know my form isn't perfect, but never really had this problem before.I'm just not sure whether it is just me since I'm onlyused to shooting single cam bows that are less aggressive, orthe way this bow is, or maybe the draw is a tad long? Have any ofyou had the same problem with draw length being typically longer than normal on this bow? I might try a different length and see how it feels. If that doesn't work, then I don't know if this bow is for me. I'm alsoseeing that it looks likeyou are forced to shoot short vanes with this bow. I never anticipated that. I recently purchased a ton of arrows with 4 inch vanes, and they interfere with the rest at brace. Just not looking good so far.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:05 PM

I actually find my X Force pretty tame and an awesome let off! Pretty impressed with this bow!