HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Question for "mature buck" advocates (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/235799-question-mature-buck-advocates.html)

James Vee 03-07-2008 11:07 AM

RE: Question for "mature buck" advocates

I'll be short and sweet because I've got a desert sheep hunt to go on. Leaving in about 30 minutes. ;)

Tony, I'm not your son. If you don't know anyone that doesn't complain about not seeing big bucks then just look around. If all the guys that you know accept it as being "it is what it is" then you need to get out more. Tell your buddies to get off the beaten path once and maybe there will be a little treasure there waiting at the end. 'It is what it is' is a lame excuse for someone who doesn't want to put in work. There are big bucks being shot all over this country. More so for the ones who put in a little effort.

And BadgerGirl, while you're sitting in your dorm room playing pattycake with your sorority sisters in September I'm putting in work. I need no verification of the camps I've been to or the people who I've talked with. Travel to NW Wisconsin and ask around. I don't sign onto HuntingNet or any other forum for that matter with a cute made up name like I have something to hide. People know who I am. My track record speaks for itself.

GR8atta2d 03-07-2008 11:15 AM

People know who I am. My track record speaks for itself.
I know nothing of you or your track record. The only point PT was making is that you are not the keeper of the morals for all whitetail hunters.

If it's legal and they shoot it..they bought the tags. I doubt they are complaining..More than likely it's the trophy hunter who went home empty handed thats doing the crying.

Good luck on your Hunt have fun..You gonna shoot just any Sheep or would you like to post up your minimums before ya go?

rybohunter 03-07-2008 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: tsoc

While I don't agree with the Manner in which James posted,I do know many people who shoot multiple small bucks every season and complain about not seeing any big bucks.It has been that way in my home area for years and years.Guy's filling their tags their wife's tags with 1 1/2 year old bucks,and then bragging on all the bucks they have killed.
It get's pretty frustrating.

x2

PreacherTony 03-07-2008 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: James Vee

I'll be short and sweet because I've got a desert sheep hunt to go on. Leaving in about 30 minutes. ;)

Tony, I'm not your son. If you don't know anyone that doesn't complain about not seeing big bucks then just look around. If all the guys that you know accept it as being "it is what it is" then you need to get out more. Tell your buddies to get off the beaten path once and maybe there will be a little treasure there waiting at the end. 'It is what it is' is a lame excuse for someone who doesn't want to put in work. There are big bucks being shot all over this country. More so for the ones who put in a little effort.

And BadgerGirl, while you're sitting in your dorm room playing pattycake with your sorority sisters in September I'm putting in work. I need no verification of the camps I've been to or the people who I've talked with. Travel to NW Wisconsin and ask around. I don't sign onto HuntingNet or any other forum for that matter with a cute made up name like I have something to hide. People know who I am. My track record speaks for itself.
hey Jimmy ..... you live in a dream world ...it's a box about the siZe of your head ..... if you have the time and the stones, then come on over to these states that do not have one Booner and show everyone how to do it. You speak from a state that is #1 or close to it as far as producing trophy bucks .... laziness has NOTHING to do with it ......PRIORITIES DO! What is most important to you, may be WAYYYYYYYYYYYY down on someone elses list! WAKE UP boy ....one day you will realize what an assinine ignorant statement you made when you said, "wall of shame" ....it's attitudes like yours that create shame in deer hunting ..... try and see if anyone on here backs your statement .... you wont .... you are now ......transparent.[:'(]

MeanV2 03-07-2008 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony
one day you will realize what an assinine ignorant statement you made when you said, "wall of shame" ....it's attitudes like yours that create shame in deer hunting ..... try and see if anyone on here backs your statement .... you wont .... you are now ......transparent.[:'(]
It was the statement to begin with that is a pure Shame! Seems the attitude to go with it is right there also. It really is shameful these kind of attitudes exist but they do. Bowhunt!! Have Fun!! Kill what YOU want to!! Pay No attention to the Holier than Thou attitudes you will get from a few.

They just think they're all that!

Dan

GMMAT 03-07-2008 12:04 PM

Where's MOTOWNwith that box of square hunting caps when you need him?[8D]

pig dog 02 03-07-2008 12:08 PM

I am sure there are dorm rooms and sorority houses all across the country that arefilled with ditzy teenagers who are infinitely less ignorant than you. However, I do not live in a dorm, nor am I a member of a sorority, but thanks for the assumptions. I also stopped playing patty cake sometime around Kindergarten, which is likelyabout the same time your mother stopped loving you, for obvious reasons.

Why do you not need to verify your questionable statements about ALL the data you have acquired from ALL the manycamps you've been toand ALL the people you have talked to? Verification makes you more credible...and credibility is something you really ought to work on.

I guess everyone here whose screen name is not their first and last name has something to hide huh? Your brilliance is overwhelming. And by the way, what does anyone's screen name have to do with the thread?

You are right, people know who you are...you have made a complete idiot of yourself, and people can clearly see that, so there is no mystery who you are. And yes, your track record speaks volumes. This thread alone speaks volumes of you....your track recordshows us all clearly what a moron you are. Hell, I'm just a sorority girl, andeven I can see it. How many years did you take to graduate high school? Ever take an IQ test? I wouldn't if Iwere you...it would destroy your ego.

It is great how you chose to attack me personally rather than respond to my post intelligently. It is a clear sign that you lack the ability to respond in such a manner. Instead of addressing my questions and challenges, you puffed up your chest and picked on a little sorority girl...well done, champ.

OK, have a good hunt...I have to get back to my patty cake now.[&:]

GregH 03-07-2008 12:12 PM

Maybe that was just James's "Winder Upper"!!! [:-]

GR8atta2d 03-07-2008 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: pig dog 02

I am sure there are dorm rooms and sorority houses all across the country that arefilled with ditzy teenagers who are infinitely less ignorant than you. However, I do not live in a dorm, nor am I a member of a sorority, but thanks for the assumptions. I also stopped playing patty cake sometime around Kindergarten, which is likelyabout the same time your mother stopped loving you, for obvious reasons.

Why do you not need to verify your questionable statements about ALL the data you have acquired from ALL the manycamps you've been toand ALL the people you have talked to? Verification makes you more credible...and credibility is something you really ought to work on.

I guess everyone here whose screen name is not their first and last name has something to hide huh? Your brilliance is overwhelming. And by the way, what does anyone's screen name have to do with the thread?

You are right, people know who you are...you have made a complete idiot of yourself, and people can clearly see that, so there is no mystery who you are. And yes, your track record speaks volumes. This thread alone speaks volumes of you....your track recordshows us all clearly what a moron you are. Hell, I'm just a sorority girl, andeven I can see it. How many years did you take to graduate high school? Ever take an IQ test? I wouldn't if Iwere you...it would destroy your ego.

It is great how you chose to attack me personally rather than respond to my post intelligently. It is a clear sign that you lack the ability to respond in such a manner. Instead of addressing my questions and challenges, you puffed up your chest and picked on a little sorority girl...well done, champ.

DON'T YA HATE WHEN YOU HAVE MULTIPLE SCREEN NAMES AND ANSWER UNDER THE WRONG ONE???

BADGER PIG ??

MeanV2 03-07-2008 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

Maybe that was just James's "Winder Upper"!!! [:-]
LOL!! Can't wait for the Knockout punch!;)

Dan

GMMAT 03-07-2008 12:19 PM

LOLGR8....you beat me to it!

How many screen names does this person have????:D:D

Is he "really" gone????:D

GR8atta2d 03-07-2008 12:21 PM

Is he "really" gone????:D
The funny thing about smelling a rat is ..if it just woulda wore scent-lok... ;)

Badger_Girl93 03-07-2008 12:21 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d
DON'T YA HATE WHEN YOU HAVE MULTIPLE SCREEN NAMES AND ANSWER UNDER THE WRONG ONE???

BADGER PIG ??
Yes! I DO hate that....dang!

brucelanthier 03-07-2008 12:24 PM

Hey now, multiple screen names suremakes it whole lot easier to find someone to support your opinions LOL

Sliverflicker 03-07-2008 01:22 PM

I was at a DNR meeting wednesday night for possable new trout regulations on my part of the river, I was amazed at the show of hands from the same people that complain to me on the river every year, that there aren't enough big trout in the river. Yet their show of hands was to lower the size limit of the fish and increase the creel numbers, from 2 fish over 15'' to 5 over 12", instead of voting for an increase in the size of the fish taken. It takes a brown 7 years to reach 26" in this part of the river, just where do they think these fish come from?

It is no different in the deer woods, some will cry there are not good bucks around any more, yet kill every button and immature buck that walks by.

As for the one's that just enjoy hunting, filling the freezer and just spending good quality time in the woods, I support them 100%, For the one's that shoot anything with a nub or a horn on it's head and then have the gall to complain to me about not being able to get a buck worthy of their wall, I will waste no time in letting them know they are not only part of the problem but the majority of it.

Looks to me like antler restrictions would make meat hunters happy since their return investment is actualy more meat! Is it the Meat, or just the need to kill something?
Michigan is a 2 tag state, andsecond tag is 4pt or more on one side. I would like them to drop to one tag and keep the4pt on one side in counties that could support such regulations, it might actualy get back to the way it once was when I was a young man. The youth hunt would remain the same.

Germ 03-07-2008 01:28 PM

Looks to me like antler restrictions would make meat hunters happy since their return investment is actualy more meat! Is it the Meat, or just the need to kill something?
Michigan is a 2 tag state, andsecond tag is 4pt or more on one side. I would like them to drop to one tag and keep the4pt on one side, it might actualy get back to the way it once was when I was a young man. The youth hunt would remain the same.

That is about to change I think. If the NRC meeting went well we are going to have

Combo Tag with AR on both tags
A hunter can buy an archery or a Gun tag. He can shoot just 1 buck, any size. Then he is done.

I was suppose to be at this NRC meeting, do to the family issues with my MIL house buring down I was unble to attend.

BigJ71 03-07-2008 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93
And your attempted justification of your insulting post is bogus, because the person who posted the picture of all the "dinks" was never complaining about not seeing big bucks. He was the original poster whomade it clear that heis more than happy to shoot a young buck...never complained about not seeing big bucks. He actually complained aboutpossibly being forced toshoot mature bucks only. Nice try...go toot your horn somewhere else.
I'm tellen you guys......THIS girl is sharp as a tack! She also just happens to be right.

James Vee, I have always likes your posts over the years, may not have agreed with them but they were informative and interesting. Your statement however was wayoff line and like Badger Girl 93 said, had nothing to do with the original poster who was not complaining at all.

I also know a lot of folks whoare very happy to shoot a deer...ANY deer. For you to degrade a fellow member for being proud of their accomplishments is incomprehensible to me. It came off as ignorant, impolite and elitist.

GMMAT 03-07-2008 01:37 PM

I'm tellen you guys......THIS girl is sharp as a tack! She also just happens to be right.
And I'm tellin you.....this ain't no GIRL!:D

Germ 03-07-2008 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

BADGER PIG ??
Yes! I DO hate that....dang!
You know her/his posting stlye looks familar;)

brucelanthier 03-07-2008 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Might be a girl.....might be Sybil LMAO:D

HuntingBry 03-07-2008 01:43 PM

I'm not trying to justify James' comment, because it was out of line IMO, but I do see what he is talking about all over PA as well.

We travel from camp to camp talking to the other guys that hunt around us and ask what they've been seeing and they'll say things like, "We've seen a few little ones, but nothing for the wall." "There are no big bucks in this area." "All we see are mountain deer." Blah, blah, blah.

Then when we go back to their camp in the evening of opening day we'd see a spiker or a forkie and even with ARs a little 1.5 year old basket six. That's fine, but don't say there are no big bucks around if you're not willing to let them get big. I've eaten my share of tags, and I'll continue to do so. That's my choice, but I also reserve the right to be a little pissed if someone is complaining about not seeing any big deer, but continues to shoot little ones.

I won't even get started on the guys that have 2 or 3 licenses. If I could prove it happened they'd get turned in.

James Vee 03-07-2008 01:45 PM

I know that there are a lot of hunters out there that feel the same way I do, but I'm not afraid to say it. I might offend a few in the process, but that's fine by me.

Tony, I see you're from New York. Here's a paragraph from the New York Game and Fish Website:

LOOKING BACK AT 2005
Among the 88,733 adult bucks Empire State hunters bagged last fall were some truly impressive trophies. According to the seven-state Northeast Big Buck Club (covering New York and all of New England) bucks gross-scoring at least 170 inches came from seven different counties in 2005, and they were taken by archers, muzzleloaders and gun hunters.
For the rest of the article go to: http://www.newyorkgameandfish.com/hunting/whitetail-deer-hunting/NY_1106_01/#cont

The information is a year old, and is records from the 2005 season. Since it appears that you would rather complain about how your state doesn't have any big, mature bucks I've started your legwork for you. Check out Steuben County if you are looking to shoot a mature buck. There was a 200" plus buck shot there in 2005.

Photo courtesy of Rex Taft

For more information on possibly what areas to focus on when targeting mature bucks in the state of New York I would suggest purchasing a copy of the latest New York State Big Buck Club Entries. http://www.nys-big-buck.org/index.htm

Lace up your boots and start shed hunting. Start scouting for next season now, and you'll have a nice jump start on the rest of the competition. You never know what might be just around the next corner.

bawanajim 03-07-2008 01:45 PM

This is all I got to say........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMsnqQHOwFg

Germ 03-07-2008 01:45 PM

I won't even get started on the guys that have 2 or 3 licenses. If I could prove it happened they'd get turned in.
I know wives in MI who have shot more deer than half the members here:D

BigJ71 03-07-2008 01:46 PM

I'm telling you she most certainly is, and she is also a shining example that our future isn't so bleak. It's also great to see that she is taking full advantage of her education. Refreshing to say the least to see someone so youngbe soarticulate, concise and engaging. We need more of thisfrom our youth!

HuntingBry 03-07-2008 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

I know wives in MI who have shot more deer than hald the members here:D
No kidding, and somehow they managed to do it while they were at the mall.;)

GMMAT 03-07-2008 01:49 PM

I'm telling you she most certainly is, and she is also a shining example that our future isn't so bleak. It's also great to see that she is taking full advantage of her education. Refreshing to say the least to see someone so youngbe soarticulate, concise and engaging. We need more of thisfrom our youth!
John:

Just today....on THIS thread.....the poster formerly known as BagerGirl also posted under the name of pigdog.

So....which is it?:D

GregH 03-07-2008 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

BigJ71 is absolutely spot on in his assessment of Badger Girl93.

Badger_Girl93 03-07-2008 01:55 PM

John:

Just today....on THIS thread.....the poster formerly known as BagerGirl also posted under the name of pigdog.

So....which is it?:D
I happen to share a computer with several family members. One of them was logged on and I didn't notice. Get a grip people.

GregH 03-07-2008 01:57 PM

Maybe a roommate, family member etc?

Let's ask her. Badger Girl93, who is pig dog 02?

BigJ71 03-07-2008 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I'm not trying to justify James' comment, because it was out of line IMO, but I do see what he is talking about all over PA as well.

We travel from camp to camp talking to the other guys that hunt around us and ask what they've been seeing and they'll say things like, "We've seen a few little ones, but nothing for the wall." "There are no big bucks in this area." "All we see are mountain deer." Blah, blah, blah.

Then when we go back to their camp in the evening of opening day we'd see a spiker or a forkie and even with ARs a little 1.5 year old basket six. That's fine, but don't say there are no big bucks around if you're not willing to let them get big. I've eaten my share of tags, and I'll continue to do so. That's my choice, but I also reserve the right to be a little pissed if someone is complaining about not seeing any big deer, but continues to shoot little ones.

I see this too, If you've been hunting for any amount of time you will inevitably come across those hunters who complain about not seeing or killing a P&Y deer and yettheir truck beds are filled with young deer. To THEM I'd respectfully say "try passing on a few of those younger bucks and you mightstart to see more older ones". Or try to help them with tactics and avenues to find where the bigger bucks are.I'll never be "pissed off" at them, why should I? It doesn't effect the way I hunt, I will continue to hunt the way I want regardless of what the other hunters do. Why in the WORLD should I be pissed off?

That being said.........This wasn't the case, here James just posted a very rude comment about a picture that was posted with pride.....uncalled for.[:'(]

GregH 03-07-2008 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

Maybe a roommate, family member etc?

Let's ask her. Badger Girl93, who is pig dog 02?
Oops, too late.............

Thanks Badger Girl.

quiksilver 03-07-2008 01:59 PM

Too many damn Wisconsinites in this discussion.

GregH 03-07-2008 02:01 PM

It is refreshing, eh!!??

Sliverflicker 03-07-2008 02:02 PM

Mine has! You wont see her at the mall during deer season unless she is taged out. When the son in law calls to talk deer hunting he talks to her not me

Germ 03-07-2008 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Mine has! When the son in law calls to talk deer hunting he talks to her not me
can you blame him:D

HNI_Christine 03-07-2008 02:16 PM

If you like hunting mature bucks because it's more of a challenge; then you should thank the folks shooting dink bucks because they're helping you out.

I'd like to see IL go to unlimited buck tags with a $100 bounty on any buck. After a couple years we should to the point that a resident might be able to find a place to hunt with out a crowd or paying through the nose for a lease. ;)

Sliverflicker 03-07-2008 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Mine has! When the son in law calls to talk deer hunting he talks to her not me
can you blame him:D
Not at all, she is the deer ham queen of oscoda county!

HuntingBry 03-07-2008 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I see this too, If you've been hunting for any amount of time you will inevitably come across those hunters who complain about not seeing or killing a P&Y deer and yettheir truck beds are filled with young deer. To THEM I'd respectfully say "try passing on a few of those younger bucks and you mightstart to see more older ones". Or try to help them with tactics and avenues to find where the bigger bucks are.I'll never be "pissed off" at them, why should I? It doesn't effect the way I hunt, I will continue to hunt the way I want regardless of what the other hunters do. Why in the WORLD should I be pissed off?

That being said.........This wasn't the case, here James just posted a very rude comment about a picture that was posted with pride.....uncalled for.[:'(]
John, no argument about what was said about the pic. No cause to belittle others to make yourself look better.

As far as getting pissed, it's because I've tried what you said and made the subtle suggestions to pass on the little ones and offered some tips such as "get in the thick and nasty stuff, that's where the big ones are" and my attempt to help is met with resistance, excuses, and at times criticism of how I choose to hunt, and I wasn't complaining. So, I'm not pissed at them for how they choose to hunt, but more that they complain about a "problem" yet want to have nothing to do with the solution.

PreacherTony 03-07-2008 02:27 PM

I know that there are a lot of hunters out there that feel the same way I do, but I'm not afraid to say it. I might offend a few in the process, but that's fine by me.
it's sad to hear you say that, Jimbo[&o]

Tony, I see you're from New York. Here's a paragraph from the New York Game and Fish Website:

The information is a year old, and is records from the 2005 season. Since it appears that you would rather complain about how your state doesn't have any big, mature bucks I've started your legwork for you. Check out Steuben County if you are looking to shoot a mature buck. There was a 200" plus buck shot there in 2005.
why are you putting words in my mouth, James???:eek:I NEVER said such a thing! I know there are monsters in NY ,,,, I have SEEN them! I would have taken a few if it was gun season when I had seen them .... don't lie to justify yourself!

For more information on possibly what areas to focus on when targeting mature bucks in the state of New York I would suggest purchasing a copy of the latest New York State Big Buck Club Entries. http://www.nys-big-buck.org/index.htm

Lace up your boots and start shed hunting. Start scouting for next season now, and you'll have a nice jump start on the rest of the competition. You never know what might be just around the next corner.

You just don't get it ..... I don't have the time and I really don't give a rip if I shoot a Booner ... It needs to be a state wide change for NY to see bigger bucks ... if they change it ...great! if not ....I DON'T CARE!!!!!!! There is so much more to life than deer hunting FOR ME ....if that's all life is to you, great!!!! I got your back! But we are ALL different ...learn that lesson, and you will be much better off, James.

BTW ... I don't disagree with you about guys that whine about no big deer, yet they shoot little ones all the time ... they outta shutup too!!

Bottom line .... your statement about "the wall of shame" was uncalled for and disgusting .......... and you need to apologize for it ......