Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Blazers, Duravanes, and Rayzr Feathers >

Blazers, Duravanes, and Rayzr Feathers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blazers, Duravanes, and Rayzr Feathers

Old 03-02-2008, 09:16 PM

Default Blazers, Duravanes, and Rayzr Feathers

I recently bought my first fletching jig and I have been trying out alot of different combinations on my arrows

So I thought I would give you my take on these 3 products

1. First up, Gateway Rayzr Feathers....I decided to try feathers because I wanted a nice change of pace, and I've heard alot of you guys praising these particular ones. The first thing I noticed...man they look cool, but that has nothing to do with performance...I shot ~50 arrows with these. They are flexible, forgiving as they pass through my QAD, and as far as feathers go, they are pretty durable...there were a few that got a little boogered up when they went through the "shot up" spots in my target and the end of the shaft was in the target...but I was very pleased, they shot really great groups....If I had to choose one thing I didnt like..it would have to be that there is alittle noise during flight. Its really not enough to matter but the other two were quieter.

2. Second, 2" Duravane Predators. These are a good product. They shot great groups (about the same as the feathers). I was kinda upset when I opened the package and immediaty had to pitch about 5 or 6 of them because they were wrinkled or deformed somehow...I could have just gotten a bad package, I dont know...They were definatly the quietest of the 3. Not that any of them were loud, but these made no noise at all. The thing I dont like though is how thin and flexible they are...I haven't shot them enough to know yet, but I am guessing that their durability is not the best.

3. Third, Blazers. I have one word for this product...DURABILITY. They are so stiff and strong, I dont see how they could ever foul up. The groups with these are the tightest of the three...Im honestly surprised I didnt break any nocks off. These babies are awesome and I now understand what all the hype is about.

So the standings go like this

1st Place: Blazers
2nd Place: Rayzr Feathers
3rd Place: Duravane Predators

Hope this helps some of you guys out if your choosing what to put on your arrows

Shoot Straight
Old 03-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazers, Duravanes, and Rayzr Feathers

Blazers are real good for me. Duribility is the word.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

I recently bought my first fletching jig and I have been trying out alot of different combinations on my arrows

So I thought I would give you my take on these 3 products

1. First up, Gateway Rayzr Feathers....I decided to try feathers because I wanted a nice change of pace, and I've heard alot of you guys praising these particular ones. The first thing I noticed...man they look cool, but that has nothing to do with performance...I shot ~50 arrows with these. They are flexible, forgiving as they pass through my QAD, and as far as feathers go, they are pretty durable...there were a few that got a little boogered up when they went through the "shot up" spots in my target and the end of the shaft was in the target...but I was very pleased, they shot really great groups....If I had to choose one thing I didnt like..it would have to be that there is alittle noise during flight. Its really not enough to matter but the other two were quieter.

2. Second, 2" Duravane Predators. These are a good product. They shot great groups (about the same as the feathers). I was kinda upset when I opened the package and immediaty had to pitch about 5 or 6 of them because they were wrinkled or deformed somehow...I could have just gotten a bad package, I dont know...They were definatly the quietest of the 3. Not that any of them were loud, but these made no noise at all. The thing I dont like though is how thin and flexible they are...I haven't shot them enough to know yet, but I am guessing that their durability is not the best.

3. Third, Blazers. I have one word for this product...DURABILITY. They are so stiff and strong, I dont see how they could ever foul up. The groups with these are the tightest of the three...Im honestly surprised I didnt break any nocks off. These babies are awesome and I now understand what all the hype is about.

So the standings go like this

1st Place: Blazers
2nd Place: Rayzr Feathers
3rd Place: Duravane Predators

Hope this helps some of you guys out if your choosing what to put on your arrows

Shoot Straight
Good Review. I shoot Predators, and have never had a problem. Very durable for me.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:05 AM

OK -I started fletching my own arrows this past fall out of necessity. I went with Blazers on a recommendation and they worked and look great. I ended up stripping the vanes off of four dozen arrows and replaced them all with Blazers.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used Blazer for the last 3 years good item.