Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Duravanes vs. Blazers

Old 05-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Spike

Default Duravanes vs. Blazers

I'm getting ready to refletch my arrows and wanted to know is there any difference in these two vanes. Other than the fact that the duravanes are a couple of grains lighter and a few $$ cheaper. I shoot a whisker bisquit and have heard that they both hold up pretty good. Please help!!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Duravanes vs. Blazers

Im assuming your talking about the duravane predators. If so they are just a tad lower profile than the blazers. I also noticed that the length of the duravanes varied alot more than the blazers. I was fletching up some arrows and had to sort through some of my white predators to get the same length ones. I never had that problem with blazers.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

It all comes down to you get what you pay for you can only go so cheap untill you get problems.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are both excellent vanes. I've found that the Predator vanes shoot very consistently and are a bit more supple. The Blazer is obviously more stout and in my opinon, would be the better choice for shooting through your WB. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 05-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing to think about is if clearance is an issue, I would recomend going with the duravanes since they are slightly lower profile. I have heard of several people having trouble with getting clearance for their blazers.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

I also would shoot the blazers,the WB is hard on fletchings and the blazers are a little more stout than duravanes I can also hold a better group with fixed broadheads with the 2inche blazers also.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bucksnortinted

I also would shoot the blazers,the WB is hard on fletchings and the blazers are a little more stout than duravanes I can also hold a better group with fixed broadheads with the 2inche blazers also.
I agree. i would go with the blazers. i have been shooting them for a while and have rarely had problems with them.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:13 PM

I shoot blazers and love them. I have not shot the duravanes but from what i have seen and heard they seem to be good also.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:43 PM

I shoot blazers thur a WB Ive had no problems.
put a drop of glue on the leading edge to help with tear offs
Old 06-05-2007, 03:18 AM

Blazers here. And if there are issues with vanes tuching the frame of bisquit it can easily be resolved.

Quick Reply: Duravanes vs. Blazers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.