Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Blazers or Duravanes? >

Blazers or Duravanes?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazers or Duravanes?

Old 09-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blazers or Duravanes?

Which do you prefer and why? I've seen a huge increase in people using Blazers and was wondering if it isn't just a phase.

I, personally, shoot Duravanes because I like the low profile.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Blazers or Duravanes?

It's not a phase, the higher profile Blazers grab more air, ie, drag which equals stabilization for broadheads and arrow flight in general. Lower profile Duravanes drag less and will usually require a longer Duravane to do the same drag as the short Blazers, they work, it's not fad. I won't return.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Rob...I really like the Blazers because the work...period. They are also very, very durable and can take a lot of beating before having to replace. Other vanes that I have tried havn't lasted half as long as these blazers have. Quickspins didn't last at all for me.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I called Bohning and took them up on their offer to send some blazers for free to try. I was very impressed, though I have had a bit of a problem getting them to stick to my capped shafts with Fletch-tite Platinum. They shot every bit as good as the Duravanes I've shot all summer long.

I will still be shooting barred Trueflight feathers when the season opens, however. I just love all their attributes -- and quite frankly, simply think they look much cooler. [8D]
Old 09-13-2006, 11:22 PM

If you shoot a drop away rest the Blazers are about tops with good stabilization. If you shoot a traditional contact rest you may want to stick with the duravanes as getting clearance with the larger vanes is an issue. I shoot the Blazers on the Trophy taker rest and have no issues. They shoot well. I have a buddy that had a NAP rest of traditional style that could never get the vanes to stop interfering and had to go back to the lower profile vanes. Just a thought.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tried many, blazers included. 4" savage duravane for me this year.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone that wants blazers can PM me here andI will be glad to send some out to try............
Old 09-14-2006, 06:34 AM

D) All of the above.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do shoot a Trophy Taker. The reason I like the low profile Duravanes is because I shoot cock feather out, andI tuck the fletch between my chin and bottom lip. The high profile of the Blazers throw me off, but, that's just me.

I do understand that the high profile of the Blazers means that the fletching can be short. And, the low profile of the Duravanes means that the fletching has to be long. It's all relative. However, I do think that the advantage the Blazer has over other vanes is that the are quite stiff. Is that a problem during the winter? Do the vanes crack in the least?
Old 09-14-2006, 10:56 AM

I have not experienced any problems with weather affecting my Blazers.

Quick Reply: Blazers or Duravanes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.