Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR >

Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

Old 03-03-2008, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

ORIGINAL: peakrut

I can't wait until the day Wi raises their non resident fee's to match IL.[8D]
ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Thanks for reminding me Germ.[:@] Why don't you come over kick me in the twig and berries while your at it![&:][:@]

I need to get involved with this state's governing bodies and find my way to the front lines. I forgot more about deer management then all of our elected (and I say that term loosely) will ever know.[:@] And I would first try to find a biologist with knowledge and balls. But not necassarily in that order!

I do not understand why the state of Illinois continues to function without a deer biologist and sucks on the "TEET" of the armchair biologist employed by the many outfitters located throughout Illinois![:@]

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
I hope your kidding. If your not your telling your elected officals that you approve of their ethics, they will just turn on you as Ill. is doing now to it's own who approved of the way their officals did business. Your just a puppet. Do you really think you can sleep in the same bed with these people? Make your bed with freedom. Whatever front it's attack on needs to be defended, if not it will soon be at your door.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

We had the outfitter discussion a few weeks ago, and I was led to believe by those I was arguing with that outfitters are the savior of the Illinois deer herd. Let's see what kind of discussion this read brings up. I'm interested to see how those of you involved in outfitters are going to twist this one.
Don't get me started on the outfitters[:@]. We have wannabe outfitters pop up everywhere these days. It doesn't take much to get an outfitter license, just pay the fee, lease up a bunch of land and voila...start advertising. Hell, a local wealthy podiatrist bought up some land, leased more, and is now selling hunts. I am sick and tired of hearing the pro-outfitting side here in Illinois boast how they made Illinois deer hunting. BS! If it wasn't for the deer the outfitters wouldn't be here. At one time Illinois had a good management program in place, of course thats been several years ago before budget cuts and control was taken away from the DNR.

Many non-residents think Illinois resident hunters have it so good. We no longer do because its slipping away due to greed and idiotic politicians who are swayed by and in bed with the outfitters and chamber of commerce. The government of Illinois could care less about their own people.[:@]

Old 03-03-2008, 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: mobow

LOL......I've been saying it for a long time. QDM is not about a healthy deer herd, not legislative imposed QDM anyway. It's about MONEY. Always has been, always will be. We're becoming victims of our own creation.
Don I have to ask, who said anything about QDM?
Nobody, directly. But let me ask this.......If Illinois didn't have the great big racks that it has, would this be an issue?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Site Buck Guru

LOL......I've been saying it for a long time. QDM is not about a healthy deer herd, not legislative imposed QDM anyway. It's about MONEY. Always has been, always will be. We're becoming victims of our own creation.
Nobody, directly. But let me ask this.......If Illinois didn't have the great big racks that it has, would this be an issue?
According to the original post by Germ, they are not practicing QDM. It seems that the biologists are wishing they were. Too many does, have to take more does to get the population in check.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't wait until the day Wi raises their non resident fee's to match IL
Tony.. you know me better than that.

I have no problem paying higher fee's if I am absolutely sure the money is going to the right areas. In Illinois it disappears into the mythological creature known simply as "the budget crisis".

Old 03-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Again and I am sorry, has zero to do with QDMA Iowa does not have this issue and they have great big racks, it's how the deer are managed from state to state.

Iowa seems to manage the deer
Ill seems to manage the Money
Michigan seems to Manage the Money
Ky seem to manage the deer.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:07 AM

Misunderstood what I read. I read it again, my apologies.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

We're cool
If DNR of any state manages the deer. The state will have bigger deer(relative to that state), it's just what happens. It's OK[8D]

If I were Ill resident I would be looking to limit out of state tags, or limit the number of outfitters. To me limiting the tags is a good start.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 AM

We're cool
If DNR of any state manages the deer. The state will have bigger deer(relative to that state), it's just what happens. It's OK[8D]

If I were Ill resident I would be looking to limit out of state tags, or limit the number of outfitters. To me limiting the tags is a good start.
Limiting tags will indirectly limit outfitters. With less people flocking to Ill, many of the outfitters will have to close doors with not enough hunters to support them.

Whats that saying again?....Oh yea, two birds with one stone.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like it or not, landowners have a right to lease their land to outfitters and outfitters have a legal right to do business. I've said it before and I will say it again, one of the only truely realistic solutions is for folks in Illinois to organize and pressure the state to develop more public access land. Of course, educating landowners about the level of crop damage they are likely sustaining if outfitters aren't managing the does and small buck population could be somewhat helpful.

Quick Reply: Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.