Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR >

Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

Old 03-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

ORIGINAL: nodog

Well, what we have he is a failure to communicate or better, educate. I'd say 99% of people don't live in the real world, if they did things would be different.
Just got done posting this somewhere else, it's a picture of our real world and where we fit into it. The topic is Shays' Rebellon, the time, just after the war for independence.

Let me boil the rebellion down. The vets came home from winning their independence and found that their money was only worth a quarter of its value. Their properties were seized and they were thrown in prison. They couldn’t even collect their pay of 22 cents a day for fighting. The creditors didn’t want the worthless money and wouldn’t collect it taking the people to court and their property. The people out of desperation fought for relief. The rebellion, so called by those who were now in power "the revolutionaries" who wouldn't stand for any such revolt in their country and smashed it quickly.

Many wondered why they ever fought for independence.

Later the assumption bill dealt another kick in the shorts to the people. The worthless notes that people sold for nothing trying to save them selves, and the notes they still held were going to be worth something after all, the government was intending onmaking them good only they didn't let the people know. Those thatdid went out and gathered up as much as they could from the people. Those that had already been gather were owned by those who oppressed the people already.The big money men made 40 million dollars clear profit off the deal put through by one of the sleaziest politicians ever, Alexander Hamilton. A man who thought the country couldn’t last unless the wealthy could make money by it. Soon after the rebellion even talking againstthose in powerlanded you in jail.
The deck has been stacked for a very long time, 99% of the people just don't know it.
I'm not sure how you're relating this, but.... Right on Brother!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobow

LOL......I've been saying it for a long time. QDM is not about a healthy deer herd, not legislative imposed QDM anyway. It's about MONEY. Always has been, always will be. We're becoming victims of our own creation.
Don I have to ask, who said anything about QDM?
Old 03-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ky might increase their non resident tags and liscense fees but they have held fairly steady for a while now.I do believe it will be more than 5 years before the kind of increases are seen here as in other states.

I believe that Ky doesn't recieve any general funds from the state,as far as I know,they still get all their money from the sell of liscenses and tags and similar items.You can even donate to the conservation in Ky when you fill out your taxes.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for reminding me Germ.[:@] Why don't you come over kick me in the twig and berries while your at it![&:][:@]

I need to get involved with this state's governing bodies and find my way to the front lines. I forgot more about deer management then all of our elected (and I say that term loosely) will ever know.[:@] And I would first try to find a biologist with knowledge and balls. But not necassarily in that order!

I do not understand why the state of Illinois continues to function without a deer biologist and sucks on the "TEET" of the armchair biologist employed by the many outfitters located throughout Illinois![:@]

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 03-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Thanks for reminding me Germ.[:@] Why don't you come over kick me in the twig and berries while your at it![&:][:@]

I need to get involved with this state's governing bodies and find my way to the front lines. I forgot more about deer management then all of our elected (and I say that term loosely) will ever know.[:@] And I would first try to find a biologist with knowledge and balls. But not necassarily in that order!

I do not understand why the state of Illinois continues to function without a deer biologist and sucks on the "TEET" of the armchair biologist employed by the many outfitters located throughout Illinois![:@]

Dukemichaels for Governor. Wait, make that President.

P.S. Why don't you tell us how you really think?I totally agree with you.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good article! And sadly, it speaks the truth
Old 03-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry Duke

I have more, but not tonight
Old 03-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was a really great read and with out a doubt points out the biggest problem in Illinois, as well as a problem that is starting to creep throughout the Midwest. This is totally gospel and was is really sad is that local hunters are paying the price while outfitters and the State gets rich.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Bartender

I can't wait until the day Wi raises their non resident fee's to match IL.[8D]
ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Old 03-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

There's a simple solution, don't hunt there. Just understand that if people decide to play that game with the Gov. they will just change the rules. The rules during the time mentioned allowed people to revolt for the very reasons they did. The same rules were twisted to give the Gov. the authority to crush it.

During the time I mentioned The Gov. pretty much owned the media and used it. Nothing has changed, not even the names, there was a Clinton invovled during this time too. Ask yourself this, why did the government get involved and allocate money so people could replace their tv's to HD?

The thing Hamilton did had stalled so he talk Jefferson (who was unaware of the whole plan and against what he did know of it) into getting it passed by promising him that the white house would be built in a place Jefferson wanted, he agreed, the deal went through. Jefferson soon found out what had happened and was outraged.

What we have here is a failure to educate. All these things happen because people refuse to educate themselves and we are reaping what we sowed. Someone put those people in charge of Ill.

Quick Reply: Ill Bucks are running the show, not DNR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.