Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 After a Bad Setup.... >

After a Bad Setup....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

After a Bad Setup....

Old 03-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default After a Bad Setup....

So last season i started bow basically knowing nothing i took my bow to a local shop. Using a hand me down bow, the bear super magnum 44, which hand not been touched in about 6 years i took it in for a tune, new strings cables and have the draw length adjusted. well the guy measured me and said 27.5, but unknown to me he set the bow was set at 30. after a whole season of shooting and constantly feeling like i was fighting against myself to draw and shoot the bow to took it to a new shop. the guy there infromed me of the draw length and that the bow would not go shorter than 29. so i scrapped the whole idea of the bear and i bought a new martin pantera (from a third shop). the first shop set me up with easton epics 340 and 100gr heads. the new bow is set up for 65lbs which is the same poundage as the bear and the draw length is correct and easier to shoot. According to the charts i should be using 400's. How much differance is there between the 340 and 400. should i scrape 2 dz arrows, and buy 400's or doesnt it matter.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: After a Bad Setup....

i just checked my program and charts and your right its saying 400s but wait to see what others say mate
Old 03-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: After a Bad Setup....

No thechnical wizard here, BUT you can typically get away with shooting a stiffer arrow with no problems. You should be alright. How do they shoot for you now?