Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NY,PA,OH (Northeast) HNI get together JULY 25-27 >

NY,PA,OH (Northeast) HNI get together JULY 25-27

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NY,PA,OH (Northeast) HNI get together JULY 25-27

Old 03-15-2008, 06:26 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: NY,PA,OH HNI get together

1. PreacherTony

2. HuntingBry

3. PA Hardwoods

4. PABuck_HNTR

5. Archer58

6. Germ

7. PA Bow/Flinter

8. Ohbowhntr

9. Rob/PA

10. buckeye

11. MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER

12. MANIAC998

Old 03-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Host of Hosts

OK Guys, I got some info on the campgrounds

For your comfort Creekside Campgrounds has many shaded sites, along French Creek and also away from the water. Creekside is a quiet campground for all ages and camping habits:[*]For the traveler - quiet for that needed rest.[*]For the weekender - to just get away from the hub-bub of city life and to just while away your time.[*]For the seasonal camper - a place to relax all summer long!

Each site has:[*]20 AMP electric hookups[*]water[*]picnic table[*]fire ring

For your convenience, our facilities include:[*]Dumping station[*]Clean restrooms with FREE hot showers.[*]A convenience store with ice, firewood, and all those items you forgot to bring along.

Rates for campsites are as follows: based on a family of 42 adults and 2 children.

21.00 per night w/ 5.00 additional for hookups or water/ electric
if your RV or camper has AC and you run it all day it will be another 5.00. If your only running your AC a few hours you won't be charged.

There is also a 10% off coupon on the website. It shows that it is expired, but I talked to the owner and they will be honored.

AGAIN there will be free tenting at the Pro-Shop groundsbut very limited facilities. We will rent a porta john for the weekend, but no showers are available. And no electric hookups.

This is why I'm suggesting the Campgrounds up the street. Everone will be at the same location. Making it more fun and more personal.

Reservation Policy

To reserve a campsite, a deposit of 10%
or a mimimum of one (1) day is required.
Only checks or money orders accepted.
Checks must be received one week prior to camping date.

Points of Interest
NORTH EAST, PA
Winery Tours - Free tours and wine tasting are available through many of our local wineries, including
Mazza Vineyards & Winery, Presque Isle Wine Cellars, Penn Shore Vineyards , Blueberry Sky Farm Winery, and Arrowhead Wine Cellars.
Lakeshore Railway Museum -Lake Shore Railway Museum is an educational and entertainment museum offering a historical perspective of the area with exhibits and displays. The museum consists of two buildings, one of which contains railroad memorabilia. Including 4 locomotives, also 27 pieces of rolling stock, some rolling stock is open for tours
Freeport Beach - A public beach on the shores of Lake Erie, with picnic facilities available.
Lake Erie Speedway a $5.1 million state-of-the-art racing facility is the first asphalt track in Erie County, located 3 miles from Creekside Campgrounds. A metal grandstand extends from Turn 4 to Turn 1 and includes seating for 6000 spectators. Types of Racing include Late Models, Outlaws, Trucks, Modifieds, Street Stocks, Figure 8's, Legends,and Bandeleros. The speedway will play host to a number of events such as Major Concerts, Monster Truck Shows, Craft fairs, etc.
ERIE, PA
Erie Civic Center - Check out upcoming events in Erie.
USS Brig Niagara - Oliver Hazard perry's fully restored Victory Warship of 1812.
Erie Maritime Museum - Shows the maritime history of life in Erie and its impact on the world.
Waldameer Amusement Park & Water World - At the entrance to Presque Isle State Park.
Presque Isle State Park - - A pleasant drive from our campground, Presque Isle is open FREE to the public every day of the year. It has approximately 3100 acres, which include seven miles of wide, clean, sandy beaches. Lifeguards are on duty from Memorial Day to Labor Day. With many miles of hiking trails, bicycle and jogging paths. There is a natural delight around every bend of the trail, with 250 species of birds, and 450 species of plant life, and a wealth of wildlife including fox, beaver, muskrats, raccoons, and white tailed deer.
Presque Isle Lighthouse - Was built and has been in continuous operation since 1873.
Erie Land Lighthouse - Was built in 1867 and was in use until it was decommissioned in 1897. Now undergoing renovation.
Erie Zoo - In 1924, the Erie Zoo was founded as a city operated animal facility. Recently, the zoo has expanded its name to include the Zoological Park and Botanical Garden of Northwestern Pennsylvania. This was done to more accurately reflect the collections and audience of the zoo. Expansion continues at the zoo today. The newest exhibit, kiboka Outpost, the African Grasslands, opened to the public on May 11th, 1999. Planning is underway on a "Wild Asia" exhibit. Construction is slated to start in 2000
New York Attractions
Peak N' Peek Resort Area - Surrounded by unspoiled natural beauty, Peek'n Peak is located in the heart of a renowned vacation area.
Chautauqua Institute - Chautauqua is a smorgasbord of personal enrichment for all ages. Over 2,000 events each season include: symphony, opera, chamber music, visual arts, dance, theater, popular entertainment, open-enrollment classes, programming for young people ... all in an atmosphere reminiscent of the way America used to be, where bicycles take the place of automobiles, and where stress is relieved with golf, tennis or a chat under a tree.

SPORTS
ON SITE
For your enjoyment and recreation, Creekside Campgrounds offers a playground for the kids, volleyball, basketball and horseshoes.
Fishing
For the fisherman, we are right along beautiful upper French Creek, just throw your line in and see what's jumping. A short distance from Lake Erie, all good fishermen can always find fish in the GREAT LAKE! Howard Eaton Reservoir with 246 acres of inland fishing is only 4 miles away.Findley Lake, New York is right over the state line for boating, waterskiing and fishing pleasure.

North East Marina
Open April 15 - October 31, year round public access is available. The North East Marina opened in 1991 and is operated by North East Marine Services, Inc. It is owned by the PA Fish and Boat Commission. The marina has 220 dock slips, a tackle shop, full marine service, used boat sales, rental boats, winter storage, gas dock, picnic area and four launch ramps.
Golfing

Peak 'n Peak Resort Area- Offers two 18 hole golf courses just a few minutes away.
Green Meadows Golf Course- A Beautiful 18 hole course in North East nestled in the grape vineyards
Baseball
Erie Seawolves -
Watch the Erie Seawolves, an affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, play Class AA Baseball from April to September at Jerry Utt Park in Erie.

I'll add more to this as I get information.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Points of interest? The only interest I have is for PA'ns to lay the Smack Down on all other states.[8D]
Old 03-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Host of Hosts

Rob, It was just part of the website I posted. Maybe some wives want to take the kids to another event while the hubby is talking smack or getting beat up on the 3-D course. Trying to cover all bases
Old 03-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm telling you guys you really don't want to miss out on the fishing. A walleye or perch trip would make for a world class fish fry. Big Small mouth bass .
Old 03-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I'm telling you guys you really don't want to miss out on the fishing. A walleye or perch trip would make for a world class fish fry. Big Small mouth bass .
Jim ... if you're offering, I'm accepting ...
Old 03-17-2008, 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Points of interest? The only interest I have is for PA'ns to lay the Smack Down on all other states.[8D]
I'll put up a bottle of wine on us PA guys...any takers?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Host of Hosts

They must be scared Gene. They know they'll lose. We could probably drink a few bottles of whine and still whoop'em
Old 03-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

They must be scared Gene. They know they'll lose. We could probably drink a few bottles of whine and still whoop'em
Heck, if there's only 2-3 OHIO guys coming, I got a feeling we oughta do ok!! Actually, I haven't had time to shoot a 3D course since last JUNE due to work, so I'm gonna be a handi-cap at BEST. Still shoot a good bit, just not much 3D in almost a year.

But if we're betting something, it's gonna hafta be COLD beer, because us BUCKEYES don'tdue WINE.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:22 AM

Oh! No!What's this?
O.K. We'll spot you some points...Would you like to carry a rangefinder??
Either that , or just BRING MORE HELP....LOL!!!

Beer is great with me Doug.
We won't mention "whine"again....

Quick Reply: NY,PA,OH (Northeast) HNI get together JULY 25-27

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.