Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stand Names ?

Old 02-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stand Names ?

I'm calling dibs on a Michael Dudikoff stand......hopefully I'll score on a 200 inch "Radioactive Dreams" gagger of a buck out of it this year.
"Ahhh.. the Michael Dudikoff. How's that stand working out for ya Bols?"

This is the kind of question that joins solid friendships.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Bartender

Ol Duke that spot we have well my stand name for her will be The Briggs stand in honor of Marilyn Chambers. Briggs being here real last name. I am going to love that standthat much.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to name all my stand locations, I have around 20 so I have to keep track some how. I have one that is called the bow buster because of two mishaps that resulted in bows coming apart. My buddy was shooting at a doe and his glove fell between his string and cam without him knowing, not good to shoot with a glove there. The other time I shot at a doe and hit my top cam on my EZ hanger, not good to do either. Another one I have is called to sky scraper cause its about 29 foot tall, another is the corn crib cause its right next to a old rusty wire corn crib.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I'm calling dibs on a Michael Dudikoff stand......hopefully I'll score on a 200 inch "Radioactive Dreams" gagger of a buck out of it this year.
"Ahhh.. the Michael Dudikoff. How's that stand working out for ya Bols?"

This is the kind of question that joins solid friendships.
The ole Michael Dudikoff standis literally a "River of Death".

After I put ina pit of "Quicksand" directly below it, I have been slammin' Booners since!

If you and Justin come down and join me at the Dudikoff stand, we could be "Musketeers Forever".

Thanks for asking Duke!

How is Tom Beringer treating ya?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

The lone Cedar stand----------- 1 cedar tree.
Winding creek stand------------ stand next to winding creek
Penoak stand------------------ Next to penoaks
Water stand------------------- Seems to always have water in the creek
Turners crossing--------------- Named after man who died at that crossing trying to pull deer up bank.
Clear cut corner--------------- Corner of clear cut
Postoak stand-----------------Postoak tree next to stand
Old 02-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have 30 stands so we name most of them. Mostly by locatation, like the pond or food plot.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

the names will come to you
Old 02-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Swamp Collie's post in a previous thread, about the Ghost Standgot me curious.Who has an unexplained incident that happened to them while in the woods hunting. Something that gave you the heebe-jeebies, or flat out made you want to get the heck outta there! I was walking into a spot to bowhunt several years ago, about 2 inches of fresh powder on the ground, and I swore that each time I stopped I heard footsteps continuing towards me, not 20 yards away. I would stop, and there would be three or fours foot steps, then they would stop. It was dark with no moon, and my mini mag's batteries were pretty weak. I proceeded to jack up a tree in my climber, and when it got daylight, I checked my back trail and there were only one set of tracks (mine). Had me pretty rattled all morning.

My dad hunted in Missouri on an annual hunt, where farmers allow hunters to use their land, and there are prizes for the biggest bucks. Prizes which go to both the hunters and the land owners. Stand selection is random. My dad got picked for one particular stand, and a young guy, 19 or 20 years old dropped him off before daylight. A horse trail ran on a hill side behind the stand. About 0930 hrs, after seeing nothing all morning, my dad says a man whistled at him from the direction of the horse trail. He turned around, only to see nobody there. A couple of hours went by, and dad heard the same exact type of whistle, only to turn to nobody there again. That evening, when the young man picked dad up, he asked dad if he heard anyone whistle while he was on stand. Dad said yeah, was that you checking up on me or something? The young man said no, that was grandpa checking up on you. Somewhat puzzled, dad asked why would the guys grandfather be out there, when the boy told him that gramps had passed away several years prior, and the stand Dad was in was one of grandpa's favorites. The boy says several hunters have reported being whistled at.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

My mistake, I ment to start this as a new thread. Hit the post reply by mistake.Not trying to hyjack.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a couple locations that we have stands in that we have named. Machinery Holler-its a big holler my grampa used to run tractors, balers, mowers, and rakes up and down it to get to one hay feild to another. The Green Strip- it's about a 5 acre strip of grass. Up ontopof ferns- you gotta go up a huge hill to get there and the person we bought it from was named fern. Sandrock Holler-another big holler that is full of big rocks.

Quick Reply: Stand Names ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.