Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Advice - Help me out - please. >

Advice - Help me out - please.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Advice - Help me out - please.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Advice - Help me out - please.

Hey guys - help me out with a couple thoughts if you can. I'd appreciate your advice, if you have a moment.

Last Fall, I picked up a used Mathews Q-32 in excellent shape. While not a top of the line model anymore - its definitely a big step up for me. I've Bowhunted fairly seriously for the last 25 years - and I've used only 2 bows over that time frame. As you can imagine, I have little knowledge of the newest technologyout there. I am set up with a whisker biscuit (which I use, and do like alot). Pretty much everything else - I'm looking for advice on. The bow is set up with an adjustable 1 pin crosshair site, and a 4 arrow quiver. I hope to use carbon arrows, but have no idea what type yet.

I plan to go to the local Mathews dealer next week - and order a new string -and have him check over the bow, and to look for advice.

I've now got about $300.00 set aside, forsetting it up for me- What types of things would you all suggest to get me headed in the right direction.

Thanks
FH
Old 02-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advice - Help me out - please.

What pound draw and what draw lenght ?....I used the WB for the last 6 yrs and liked it alot,not a big fan of single pin sights tho.....
Also remember if you change arrows you might need to replace the biskit with the correct size for the arrow,that costs about 14-19 bucks.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advice - Help me out - please.

I was told the bow isat 60 lbs nowbut I haven't had it to a shop yet to have it verified, it feels all of that. The draw length is either 26" or 27" - but again - I haven't had it checked.

Thanks
FH