Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Dead Deer Walking >

Dead Deer Walking

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dead Deer Walking

Old 02-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dead Deer Walking

Well its obvious its not true...I'm not sold on the double exposure idea though, I would think there would be more abnormalities than just the date stamp, it is hard for me to believe that the woods would stay the same over a period of time that would allow this to happen. What I'm saying is, if a double exposure is what happened wouldn't you find more ghosting of other objects, tree's, twigs, etc.

However it is possible but also just as possible for a good photographer/editor, or a deer hunter in the summer time to put two photographs together.

I mean this photo is good, but in no way matches the clarity and absolute professionalism of the big foot picture, I wouldn't be surprised to find that photo in time magazine next month (Cover) lol...

I apologize for the long post, but its a long slow night at work...and I'm bored...

Old 02-29-2008, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, if it IS a double-exposure, then the two pics were taken one right after the other. That means that the deer was being stalked by the cat, only not as close behind as the picture shows. Pretty cool!

It makes sense too, because if it's not windy out, everything in the picture would stay the exact same, except for the two animals that walked by. The camera sure wouldn't be moving.

I'd like to get a closer look at the time-stamp, to see how far apart they were. I bet it was close tho, because the cat's in stalk-mode. I'd guess that deer wasn't more thana minute or two ahead of the cougar.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: daveyrock

Well its obvious its not true...I'm not sold on the double exposure idea though, I would think there would be more abnormalities than just the date stamp, it is hard for me to believe that the woods would stay the same over a period of time that would allow this to happen. What I'm saying is, if a double exposure is what happened wouldn't you find more ghosting of other objects, tree's, twigs, etc.

However it is possible but also just as possible for a good photographer/editor, or a deer hunter in the summer time to put two photographs together.

I mean this photo is good, but in no way matches the clarity and absolute professionalism of the big foot picture, I wouldn't be surprised to find that photo in time magazine next month (Cover) lol...

I apologize for the long post, but its a long slow night at work...and I'm bored...
Dave,
I've seen both separate photos, it IS a double exposure, trust me. It has been posted over on AT.com, several times, and at least ONE of the times, they showed BOTH pics, then the "double exposed" pic.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

this picture cracks me up......the local wal-mart has this same picture and told me it was from south central illinois.....I did not know there were mule deer around here! Stupid people
Old 02-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 125py

this picture cracks me up......the local wal-mart has this same picture and told me it was from south central illinois.....I did not know there were mule deer around here! Stupid people
Thats just too funny....the walmart around here has a picture of a 120" eight point on the wall from one of the moultrie cameras it sells and the guy behind the counter thinks its the greatest thing ever
Old 02-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Spike

thats a cool pic
Old 02-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Like I said, I saw the same picture with an elk in it rather than the mulie/blacktail.

There is no doubt the cat walked through their as well as the deer and the elk, they are just imposed on one another. They were never in the same photo at the same time. Nonetheless, it's faked.

Sad.