Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Optix Me

Old 02-24-2008, 04:23 PM

Default RE: G5 Optix Me

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

ORIGINAL: Red Boar

I had one and sold it. There are lots better choices for the money, imo. The pins were not very bright and I got some vibration noise from it. I am using a Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Supreme and a Sword Twighlight Hunter 3rd Plan...both better sights and less expensive as well.
Red, if you don't mind telling which Optix did you have? I work in a pro shop and the G5 sales rephas been pushing us tosale their sights. Wehave two (07 modles) in stock only for customers who might be intrested. We do push/sale a lot of toxonics,spot hoggas well as several other top brands, but not G5. On the other hand we dosale a lot of G5 broadheads.They tell uswe arenear the top in sales numbers among the manypro shops that carry their products. So in trying to get us to sell a bunch of their sightstheirrep made an offer to us. When I say us I am meaning, shop owner, employees, and shop shooters. I can't tell what the offerr is directly but I will say its dang near free or as close as you can get to being free. Most of our shop shooters are already tied down with another sight manufacture so they can not do it.On the other hand I am one of the few whois not tied into a deal with another companyso I cantake the deal if I so want.My boss/shop owner is not going to doit, but doesn't really care one way or another if I do or don't take the offer. The only thing he asked was this. If I did take the deal he wanted me to keep my word and endorse the product through this yeareven if I felt after trying it out that other sights that we sold were better. Of course it would go onto the new Mathews for this year, and Iwould also have to use it at all 3-D shoots that I attendfor this year. Now I don't have a problem with any of this provided its a good sight, I know its not as bright as othersbut its seems to be built like a tank. I admit your post worries me a bit beacuse you for one had some vibration and two you sent your sight back. Was your sight this years model or last? Also what other reasons did you send it back? As of last week I chose to take the deal and Iwill be getting a new Optix XR. Iwill keep my word but your post has me a bit worried that maybe I jumped to soon?
Hey buddy, I wouldn't get too concerned. I am very, very picky when it comes to archery equipment. I am sure they have improved since their initial introduction. I bought one of the LE models when they first came out. It was nearly Spot Hogg price, so I expected a lot. Pin brightness was my biggest complaint. It did have a light, but I don't believe a light should be necessary unless you are shooting in an enclosed blind. Pins on many other sights are fine to see until well after legal shooting time. The minor vibration was similar to hearing a rattle in your car...once I heard it, I couldn't ignore it. Anyway, hope this was helpful and good luck with your decision.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

I like mine. I shot a tru-glo extreme for a couple of years, but got aggravated at little dirability issues. Screws were stripping out. Fiber optic lines were breaking...

I got the G-5 ME and love it.

My friend, ASlowLearner is selling his, because he's going back to copper john. He'll be selling on e-bay soon.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red thanks for your Reply, I hope they have the bugs worked out on the newer modles. I too am picky when it comes to my bows and archery products. I will use it and promote it as promised. I just hope it lives up to all the good things I will say about it. lol After some time I will give it a honest report on here. After all you are all my friends, unless you happen to pass through Idaho, then you might be a customer. lol.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the SE and am pleased with it so far. I have not used it hunting yet, but am looking forward to trying it out this upcoming season.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got the G5 Optix ME and love it , easy to adjust and stress free .
Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

very easy to adjust!

Old 02-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

love my le,great sight