Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

G5 Optix

Old 11-28-2007, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default G5 Optix

Does anyone here use the G5 sights? I was looking into getting a new 3 pin sight and these look pretty solid.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:06 AM

Default RE: G5 Optix

DONT get one...I got he five pin G5 and i am now down to 3pins because the screws used to tighten down the pins are very cheap and break easily...cost me a nice 8pt so im goin with the spot hogg next year.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailfreak9

DONT get one...I got he five pin G5 and i am now down to 3pins because the screws used to tighten down the pins are very cheap and break easily...cost me a nice 8pt so im goin with the spot hogg next year.
Maybe you shouldn't wrench on them so hard

IMO, it's one of the best sights on the market

Very light, you can make micro adjustments VERY easy to fine tune, nice camo finish, Very bright sight light (if you choose to use one). I recomend the .019 pins.

I have the 5 pin, and one bonus in buying that is the "floating" bottom pin.

I think you will be very happy with this sight, if you do choose to buy it.

Good Luck in your search.

Kyle
Old 11-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy of mine has them and they aren't all that bright. You can get the extra light attachment to make the pins brighter, but I didn't think the pins were all tht bright. I have the new copper john dead nutz 2 and they are really, really nice. I love them and they have all kinds of adjustments on them and the pins are very bright...even in low light conditions. The sight also has 3rd axis adjustments and is a great sight for the price. But, as far as the G5 sights go...I wouldn't buy them based on my couple of uses with them.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the G5 OPTIX ME and yes thescrews broke on one of the pins ( after i over tightened it )and within a week they sent me all new ones ( a full set ,to the UK ), which are upgraded to better and tougher material and i have had no problem what so ever . I find it a great sight ( get one , just ask if the pins are upgraded , if not G5 will send you some anyway ) . There is no problem with G5's after sale service either , they were great .
Old 11-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

I have the LE model and have worked with it for a few days and all seems well, the adjustments are easy (didn’t even have to read the directions to figure it out) I was unaware of the pin problem, think I will get mine replaced before I have a problem. I did notice that they seemed weeks so I took care in not tightening them to much.

The only thing I have noticed you need to make sure that all the pins in the sight are tight other wise they will vibrate when fired not a big deal but I hunted to find the lose pin to fix the problem.

The sight is great for shooting but I think the 3 pin would be okay for hunting
Old 12-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wound up picking up the camo SE on ebay w/ the LED light for $59. Couldn't beat the price. I have not put it on yet (I will wait till after season), but it seems very bright, durable, and easly to adjust.
We'll see.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone... both positive and negative.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Spike

sounds like a good deal. I picked up the ME with the light now I just have to get off my ass and sight it in. good luck
Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I put the SE on my bow last night and sighted it in in the basement 15 yards... Very easy to tune. The light makes the pins very bright...
I hope to break it in next week.