Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
pendulem bowsights >

pendulem bowsights

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pendulem bowsights

Old 02-12-2003, 06:25 AM

Default RE: pendulem bowsights

Bowhunter Elite, That's the sight I just went to(Impact Cosmic),it's awesome!!
Lonebowman, The Keller I had and my father's also,sounded like a bag of coins rattling when I shot . With the pedilum floating it just rattled a lot(some newer designs I've seen ,I doubt would have this problem...like the Savage). However the Keller was accurate from 0-30 yrds with our bows , mine shooting 232 fps and his shooting 237 fps so it worked.

I know the question wasn't for me but:
IMO pendilums work better on slower bows due to trajectory. The slower the bow ,the more drop you have ,so yardage estimation is more critical.Therefore a pendilum helps eliminate the need to guess yardage under 30 yrds or whatever the pendilum is rated for. Faster bows have a flatter trajectory and much less drop( less critical for yrd estimation). My current bow (for instance)shoots 308 fps and with a 20 yrd fixed pin only drops about 1.5" at 30 yrds on the ground and drops little to none from a tree stand.So in essence I shoot it practically like a pendilum from 0-35 yrds out of a TS . When my setup is shooting 275-290 fps range I shoot my 20 yrd fixed pin like a pendilum from 0 - 30 yrds out of a TS . Shooting bows from 250-270 I have seen friends shoot their 20 yrd pin from 0-30 out of a TS also, but you have to compesate a little(not much though..it just takes a little practice). I hope this answers some of your question. Pendilums are great for some people ,if you like them I think you should get one. Just my $.02 on this subject ! Good luck !!
Old 02-12-2003, 04:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a keller now going on close to 10 years. I really like it. Maybe I' ll change eventually but I really like the simplicity and it has worked so well for me this far. I think if you have the option to shoot both fixed and pendulum it will help your decision.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:56 PM

Ryan et al, with most of todays new pendulums, I can shoot dead on out to 30 yards with my pendulum sight from the ground. And then get up in a stand and use the pendulum, best of both worlds. The Toxonics SNiper I have has the pendulum and fixed pins for farther distances. Works great!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2003, 09:50 PM

CBM SC I see what you mean now about slower bows and pendlums. I was reading it as it only worked better with a slower bow vs a faster. But you cleared it up pretty good for me
Old 02-13-2003, 12:26 AM

I have used a few different pendulum sights.. They work great!!! I bought a new one this year and it works great out to 30 yards and the best thing is that the pendulum pin is also your 20 yard pin .. I shoot a sniper from toxonics fiber optic pins very bright check it out www.toxonics.com.. Some guys dislike them but have not figured out why?? There is no guessing when you are in the stand all you have to do is aim and shoot unless farther than you pendulum pin. Then all you have to do is use your ground pins.. It works great for me and a few others I hunt with.. Goodluck in your search.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot with a keller, not as quiet as I would like but worked fine for me out to 40 yds.although I did have one deer jump the string or the keller. there is one made that is some what quieter for about the same price but the brand name slips me right now.